Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damn You Ford Owners Club....

Turvey

....you're gonna cost me!!! :) :) :)

Had the car a few weeks now and already I've made a list.

Things I HAVE to get...

1. Two new tyres for the front(will put new ones on back and put back ones on front though) Sorted ;)

2. service kit ie oil, air, fuel filters etc

3. New Wiper Blades all round esp the back!

4. Mudflaps.

5. Get spare key.

Things I WANT...

1. Upgraded stereo. Only got bog-standard 6000CD unit with no AUX in! Don't know whether to go for another Ford unit or after market double-din or a single-din unit. Any pics of single-din with the adapter kit fitted would be appreciated ;)

2. Mist jets.

3. Clear lenses for all three rear lights as well as a second reversing light.

4. Extra power supplies for the rear. Three boys with PSPs, DSs etc. Anyone put one in the back somewhere? I was thinking in the centre console above the wee pocket thingy :wacko:

5. Rear footwell lighting. Done the front one thanks to this forum but now have no light in the boot due to robbing the bulb :)

6. Heater control k n o b s replaced with the newer funkier ones as recommended here.

And probably many other things I cant think of right now. How many of them I get done will depend on available funds and SWMBO not finding out ;)

I was going to upload a pic of the car but our upload speeds are dire just now due to, apparently a break in the sub-sea cable somewhere out in the North Sea so here's a link to the Facebook page of the garage that sold it to the person we bought it from. It's now got an extra 10k on it but we got it for nearly half the price though. Not sure how they got off with advertising the fact that it's got air-con and a heated windscreen though :wacko:

321548_285022404844057_1365213447_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=285022404844057&set=a.162205727125726.41341.162202757126023&type=1&theater

• Like 2

On behalf of the forum and it's managers, administration, and excellent (:d) moderation staff I wish to apologise for the inconvenience of the drain on your bank balance/partners nerves.

We are aware that the forum may become addictive and intend to place all future posts into a plain wrapper and hide them away in a cupboard.

All future packaging will prominently feature images of Ford affectionado's feverishly scanning eBay for parts and drivers drooling maniacally at enticing how to guides.

Once again we apologise for the fact that we are currently the number one Ford forum on the web and vow that we will never ever ever change.

;)

• Like 3

Haha welcome to the empty your pockets with upgrades , please scan my signature for any Mods which will cost you more :)

Hi and welcome BTW :)

• Like 1

And so it begins :D

• Like 1

....you're gonna cost me!!! :) :) :)

Had the car a few weeks now and already I've made a list.

Things I HAVE to get...

1. Two new tyres for the front(will put new ones on back and put back ones on front though)

2. Service kit ie oil, air, fuel filters etc

3. New wiper blades all round esp the back!

4. Mudflaps.

Things I WANT...

1. Upgraded stereo. Only got bog-standard 6000CD unit with no AUX in! Don't know whether to go for another Ford unit or after market double-din or a single-din unit. Any pics of single-din with the adapter kit fitted would be appreciated ;)

2. Mist jets.

3. Clear lenses for all three rear lights as well as a second reversing light.

4. Extra power supplies for the rear. Three boys with PSPs, DSs etc. Anyone put one in the back somewhere? I was thinking in the centre console above the wee pocket thingy :wacko:

5. Rear footwell lighting. Done the front one thanks to this forum but now have no light in the boot due to robbing the bulb :)

6. Heater control k n o b s replaced with the newer funkier ones as recommended here.

And probably many other things I cant think of right now. How many of them I get done will depend on available funds and SWMBO not finding out ;)

I was going to upload a pic of the car but our upload speeds are dire just now due to, apparently a break in the sub-sea cable somewhere out in the North Sea so here's a link to the Facebook page of the garage that sold it to the person we bought it from. It's now got an extra 10k on it but we got it for nearly half the price though. Not sure how they got off with advertising the fact that it's got air-con and a heated windscreen though

Very sorry mate,

The one thing you can't blame us on is the break on the sub sea cable,

But any other joining of cables we can help you with lol

But fitting a 12v at the rear of the centre console would need to sit loose under the front seat because the cavity in the centre console is less than 8cm

Autostar on eBay stock and sell; free standing waterproof capped 12v sockets with loom

So you could extend one to under the seats.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

I've installed a single-din head unit in my Focus, with a face-place adaptor.

See the link below for pictures (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28302-face-plate-for-single-din-stereo/?p=156091

The thread also includes part numbers for the fitting kit, and the wiring loom that links to the Focus steering controls

• Like 2

hey, the clear rear lights have different wiring to your current ones!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. Just added a number 5 to the HAVE TO list, must get a spare key made. Anyone know anywhere around the Inverness area where you can get this done? It seems there's no-one up here can do it and we're away south next week so would be an ideal opportunity to get it done.

Thanks for the link Dave, I think that'll be the route I go down if/when circumstances allow.

Jay, does that mean clear lenses is not possible or just a bit of a faff to get changed?

• Like 1

The clear lens fog light mod is possible straight swap,

The clear lens tail light units are possible but you require the little loom that goes from the tail unit and plugs in to the main loom inside the rear quarter panels.

Once you have this section you can splice your existing plug loom to the new units.

With the use of a haynes manual.

• Like 1

Sadly mate the depth of all 12v sockets are the same in order to accept the standard 12v plug length.

You may just squeeze one in under the bird bath scoop in the rear of the centre console you would have the internal depth required but may not have the circumference clearance further inside without fouling the armrest storage compartment.

While your their why not fit some bird bath illumination

Image1770.jpg

Image1778.jpg

Works good for free aftershave samples lol

Image1794.jpg

• Like 2

We seem to have different types of console. Mine has a small pullout ashtray type thing and the top panel pulls off as well.

post-41418-0-87477400-1364657019_thumb.j

• Like 1

We seem to have different types of console. Mine has a small pullout ashtray type thing and the top panel pulls off as well.

Ah I see,

You would easily fit a 12v socket either to the exterior face of the pull out panel or fit a self contained 12v socket facing upwards and bolted to the rear wall of the pocket.

Using one like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Waterproof-Accessory-Cigarette-Power-Socket-L-MOUNT-/180515759402?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0793e52a

Or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Waterproof-Accessory-Cigarette-Power-Socket-15AMP-D-/180614570421?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item2a0d77a1b5

Would be tidy hidden inside the pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

haha, sorry about the addiction to the forum, however we can only really be held responsible for the things you want to do :p your legally obliged by law to sort the rest :p

Hi Me too always looking at different posts and thinking shall I do that to my Focus. Every time I spend money on my car I have to spend the same amount on the wife, I just need to get smarter.....

• Like 2

you can get your key at any timpsons store. a plain key costs around £40 . dont know if inverness has a store but stirling has one if your going south!!

the only thing is timpsons only clone the key i.e coppy security code from your other key. so if someone has your lost key they can still steal your car.

i got a locksmith in stirling to cut a key (plain) and he re-coded my old key and new key and deleted all the old codes for £40

he is mobile so you could phone him and meet up with him if your in the stirling area ( google keyman stirling )

Thanks for that. Funny thing , I get two replies on the same day we're going South :)

I take it by re-coding you mean the imobilser bit? :unsure:

I'm not too worried about the stealing cars bit as car crime up here isn't too serious.

Thanks for the reply, must go and catch a boat now. Cheers.

just noticed your location is the orkney !!!!! think your car will be safe there lol

Well, back safe and well albeit with a battered credit card! :rolleyes: :)

Well impressed with the Focus. Comfortable and fairly economical. We managed an average of nearly 42 mpg over the 5 days which included the approx 120 mile drive each way and then a couple of days scooting around Inverness. Not bad for 2 adults and 3 boys in the back along with a full boot on the way home. Even got the 'Average MPG' up to 45 at one stage on the way home :afro:

Thanks to FOCA I found the key cutter in the Victorian Market. He wanted £56 to get a plain replacement key cut, I thought(wrongly obviously) that you could get replacement remote keys. I told him I would think about it and went to Timpsons around the corner. He told me he could do a key for £35 but he didn't have any in stock :rolleyes: but to try the other Timpsons in the Eastgate Centre. They had ones in stock but he asked me if I had tried unlocking the door just by using the key ie NOT by remote. I said that I hadn't to which he replied "Go and give it a try, if the alarm sounds when you open the door using the key I can't make a copy!" So I went away and tried it and guess what? Alarm sounded! So still no spare key!

So the next plan of attack? In May, Mrs Turvey and I are flying down to Glasgow for a gig, Thunder, Whitesnake and Journey if you're interested. Hopefully I'll find someone who can do it there. The only thing I'm wary of is getting a key done down there and not being able to test it right away and flying home and finding it doesn't work or even worse finding out that the original key has somehow been disabled. Don't know if it's possible to do but if it is, believe me it'll happen to me :D

hello and welcome hope you got deep pockets lol

My wish list is already more than a months pay...only really been reading these here forums foe a few weeks lol

• Like 1

Buy a new complete key off eBay, call a local Auto Locksmith and they'll cut and code the key with no problems.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271178516317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks for the link ;)

One thing bothers me though, the whole 'unlocking with just the key and the alarm going off' thing :unsure: Would a 'proper' auto-locksmith be able to overcome this? And as far as I know my nearest 'local' auto-locksmith is at least 100 miles and a boat journey away.

You do realise you'll get bored of me asking all these silly noob questions don't you? :)

hello and welcome hope you got deep pockets lol

Deep pockets but short arms! Typical Scotsman before anyone else says it :) :) :)

My wish list is already more than a months pay...only really been reading these here forums foe a few weeks lol

You and me both pal :rolleyes: Think this forum should come with a hwealth warning! :)

Definitely!!

Lenny: you're the main cause with your big ol' list of mods (I'm not complaining really lol)

The alarm going off when unlocking the car with a non remote key is a security feature to ensure that someone isn't just using a lock picker or just a key blade.

Because the remote key has already interfaced with the car by sending the unlock signal the car is happy that you're allowed to enter theacar.

The alarm system with a non remote key asks for verification via the pats immobiliser using the immobiliser chip in the key fob.

As far as I can tell from talking to my mate who is a Ford contracted/authorised auto locksmith, that requirement is hard coded into the system to avoid spoofing or bypass.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club