Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Denso Sat Nav Disc

jon-v8

Where would be the best place to get a new sat nav disc for my Denso unit?

I think mine is quite an old version, and could do with one that is up to date.

I've had a quick look on eBay, but I'm guessing by some of the prices, they aren't the original versions, just copies?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yes be very carefull with the copies they can kill the Denso unit , eBay is full of Copied Disc's , so make sure you search for an original .

• 2 weeks later...

You still after a denso disc mate? do you need the firmware or the maps disc? I can probably help you out :)

Yes I am mate, although not sure if I need the firmware?

I was just going to get a up to date disc as I'm assuming the disc I have is over 10+ years.

okay, not a problem. do you know the part number of the denso unit by any chance? is it a 3 series or a five series..? Reason i ask is because i seem to remember just having read something that someone said in this post about copied discs frying your headunit..this is only true if you use the wrong disc for the wrong series? Anyway, i'll have a dig around and try to find it for you..i seem to remember that its the 2010 version..? is that any good for you? it isn't a copy...was only mentioning the copies because if you wanted a 1012 update then you could save money by getting a copied one off flea bay? Firmware would be good as well as that will keep everything running in sync...

Ok, thanks mate.

Not sure on the number, do I have to remove the unit to get at it?

I'm not too bothered about the year as such, I'm guessing mine is the original, so around 2006? Hence why I wanted an updated version.

Would a firmware update make it run a little faster? I've noticed with mine that it seems to lag behind at times, quite annoying when in cities!