Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights Mk7

Lisle91

Good Afternoon All,

I have just been driving home infront of a 13 plate Ford Fiesta, fitted with the new LED strip daytime running lights.

Does anyone know if these can be retrofitted to MK7 Fiestas?

Thanks guys!

They can be retroffited but you also need to change the front bumper and the bonnet to the 13plate bonnet/bumper i believe, as the lights are a different shape to the 12 plate. The DRLs simply replace the sidelights on the 12 plate lights. A lot of hassle just to change the headlights. Id personally just buy a set of seperate DRLs but thats just me :)

They can be retroffited but you also need to change the front bumper and the bonnet to the 13plate bonnet/bumper i believe, as the lights are a different shape to the 12 plate. The DRLs simply replace the sidelights on the 12 plate lights. A lot of hassle just to change the headlights. Id personally just buy a set of seperate DRLs but thats just me :)

I need a closer look, but I think it may be possible looking at it, by taking the headlights apart, but it'll need a good person to do it. Don't quote me though, still looking into this myself. God knows why, I love to fiddle :P

Thanks for the response.

I didn't realise it was such a hassle, I was hoping the strip would just slot inside the edge of the light casing.

Do you know of any decent DRL's?

I'm a bit sceptic as the ones I have seen look tacky and only look bright at night?

Thanks for the responses in advance.

Depends how much you want to spend http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-lamps/daylight-8-drl-12-v-6-w-12824wledx1/prd/

theyre pricey £180 if you buy direct from that site you'll maybe be able to find them cheaper elsewhere but you know you're getting a decent quality set

I need a closer look, but I think it may be possible looking at it, by taking the headlights apart, but it'll need a good person to do it. Don't quote me though, still looking into this myself. God knows why, I love to fiddle :P

I'd like to see your findings regarding this?

I'd probably ask ford to do it, if it can be done, as my car is still under warranty. However, my idea will probably be ruined once Ford quote me ridiculously high :(

Depends how much you want to spend http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-lamps/daylight-8-drl-12-v-6-w-12824wledx1/prd/

theyre pricey £180 if you buy direct from that site you'll maybe be able to find them cheaper elsewhere but you know you're getting a decent quality set

Thanks for your help Dan!

These are definitely something to consider, although a little pricey.

Like i said id shop around online youll probs be able to find them alot cheaper that was just a quick search which took me straight to philips website. Like i said atleast you know theyll be decent quality

I'd like to see your findings regarding this?

I'd probably ask ford to do it, if it can be done, as my car is still under warranty. However, my idea will probably be ruined once Ford quote me ridiculously high :(

£256 per unit unfortunately. You'd write off the warranty for the headlight, which isn't a massive issue.

Basically when looking at the light, it looks like an inserted piece on the standard facelift headlights, which may slot into the pre-facelift light unit, though haven't had them side-by-side.