Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Noise? H

Lisle91

Good evening all,

Firstly, I own a Fiesta Metal (if that makes any difference to the noise).

When I turn the ignition off after a drive and leave it for a few seconds, I hear strange noises. The noises sound electrical, and a bit similar to CD's changing in an interchanger. However, I don't have any CD's in the car and never had, as I listen to music via bluetooth.

For correspondence I have the Sony sound system.

Has anyone experienced this or know what it is?

Thanks in advance.

is it like a clicking noise?

Do you have climate control? (Can't remember if it was standard on the Metal) If so will be the motors resetting themselves/closing flaps/vents.

There is/was also a rather irritating noise that comes from an auto-climate fan that is located to the left of the driver's knee.

Ford seems to have sorted it later models but I had to actually take appart my dash to get at it and cushion it myself, so it could also be that.

FYI it would sound like a whirring noise.

Mine makes that noise as well. As stated I also agree that it's the A/C fans. Quite annoying at first but it's just something that I learnt to live with

Hi, I have a metal too and this does it. I didn't know what it was, I thought it was something to do with the keyless entry clicking on/off/resetting, I just put up with it too. Just ordered the fiesta st, hope this doesn't do it too!

Thanks for the replies guys!

As horrible as it sounds, I'm glad other people are having the same problem. The noise didn't sounds to healthy but now I know it's nothing serious I can deal with it.

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have just purchased a 09 Ford Fiesta Titanium X and I get the same sound as well and it freaked me out!! It has climate control so the sound is coming from the CD player area. I too am glad I didn't get a 'lemon'.

Has anyone found a way of dampening the sound so it is not prominent?