Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Please

david295

Mark 1 2000 2litre. its got 154 thousand on clock

I am having my engine taken out on Tuesday to change clutch, (I find it easier to do it that way, also enging is getting blasted to clean it) I am also changing water pump and cam belt + tensioners etc etc.

I am just looking for advice on what other parts I can change whilst it is out, oil seals gaskets etc etc.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Mark 1 2000 2litre. its got 154 thousand on clock

I am having my engine taken out on Tuesday to change clutch, (I find it easier to do it that way, also enging is getting blasted to clean it) I am also changing water pump and cam belt + tensioners etc etc.

I am just looking for advice on what other parts I can change whilst it is out, oil seals gaskets etc etc.

Thanks.

oil pressure sensor is a cheap one to change but difficult to get at when engine is in place,

Coolant temp sensor too

And

Coolant thermostat.

Speedo sensor for definite.

A known weak spot and also a pig to do while the engine is in the car.

• Like 1

The first pic is the slave cylinder i got with clutch kit, the 2nd pic is what all the vids i have whatched have said i need, which is the correct one for a 2litre mk1 2000

post-33307-0-13636100-1364813306_thumb.j

post-33307-0-49257000-1364813316_thumb.j

• Like 1

maybe renew the gearbox oil while your in about it......

I did this less than 1000 miles ago

• Like 1

you will need the release bearing for an MTX gearbox. i replaced the clutch on my mums old mk1 2.0 focus and we got the wrong release bearing and found its got the same gearbox out of a transit van

• Like 1

All sorted now, I dropped gear box and engine in one, new clutch and slave cylinder, new water pump, new cam belt, and steamed cleaned engine and box whilst out, and they have come up like new, also steamed cleaned engine bay, it looks like a brand new car under bonnet now, new lower ball joints and new track rod ends, drained and renewed power steering fluid, also new followers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club