Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New pictures of my Zetec S... Hope you like! :o)

Skinfaxe

I have taken some new photos of my car! - As some may know, I fitted my new alloys this tuesday and the suspension should be almost back to normal on these new pictures from wedensday!

Some mentioned something about lowering the car... and I must say, that I originally intended to do so! - But now I´m not so sure anymore, cause the car drives and handels beautifully... yet it is still pretty comfortable!

Another thing is, that I have noticed it sits quite a bit lower when there is just "a little" amount of weight in the car! - It´s is easy to see when the tank is full or empty... and if you ad the driver (that would be me! ;o)) it looks the buisness! :)

Arhmm, I´ve made the "drive ultra slowly past some reflection windows"-test ;o))))... and the gap between the wheels and the metal is very little! - So... one thing is the stationariy pictures of the car and another thing is how it looks in motion! :)

BTW: Of course it would look better lowered even more than the standard Zetec S suspension does... but practically it´s not the greatest thing! - For instance... my driveway could very easily become a problem... not too mention that my girlfriend has no experience in driving lowered cars with "larger than normal" wheels! ;o)))

Take a look at the last picture - and the third last - to see the car with a full fuel tank, and how it sits a little bit lower!

Oh, if someone would like to know the size of my alloys... they are called 17x7 offset 40! (Standard offset is 47,5 for the "regular" wheels and 41,5 for the standard Zetec S 16x6,5 wheels)

http://picasaweb.google.dk/LTeilmann/FiestaZetecSSport#

:)

Loving the pics especially number 5 - looks like something out of fords brochure lol, The alloys are really nice and I know my OH would love them on ours, but there is no way I am spending any more money on the car when I know that as soon as the RS comes out in 2010 he will want to change for that. Can I ask if you lower it more wont you have a problem with speed bumps etc? its just we had a really low front skirt on our old Tigra and it used to scrape everything and ended up a right mess, I have worried a few times when parking front on to a kerb that I dont scratch the front skirt on the sport.

Loving the pics especially number 5 - looks like something out of fords brochure lol, The alloys are really nice and I know my OH would love them on ours, but there is no way I am spending any more money on the car when I know that as soon as the RS comes out in 2010 he will want to change for that. Can I ask if you lower it more wont you have a problem with speed bumps etc? its just we had a really low front skirt on our old Tigra and it used to scrape everything and ended up a right mess, I have worried a few times when parking front on to a kerb that I dont scratch the front skirt on the sport.

Thank you for the kind words about my pics! :)

About lowering the car! - Funny thing is, that the new wheels in 205/40 R17 are a little bit larger than the standard 195/45 R16 and therefor my car is a tad (as in VERY little ;o))) higher above the ground than before! - And yes, the overall hight of the car is not overwhelming, and I have allready touched my driveway a couple of times with the little "plastic-thing" underneath the car behind the front skirt (not anything that matters so much... cause it can´t be seen, and serve it´s own purpose down there!)!

With that in mind (The "touch and go" has apparantly disappeared with the new wheels), it is another thing that says me, that an extra lowering wouldn´t be the best thing for me! ;)

Have you had your speedo reset? just asking seeing as you've had larger wheel's fitted!

Have you had your speedo reset? just asking seeing as you've had larger wheel's fitted!

Nope, I haven´t had the speedo adjusted! - No, need as it will only show a little bit more than before!

I´ve done a fast check on it at speeds up to 80km/h, and with the new wheels it reads out very close to the accurate speed! - I think it shows 1 or 2 km/h slower than the actual speed... whereas the original 16" shows a speed about 5km/h slower than the actual speed!

Don´t know about the rules in UK, but in Denmark it´s allowed to increase/decrease the overall wheelsize of +/- 5%... but it´s recommended to limit it to a maximum of 3%! - My 17" (205/40) adds about 2,5% to the wheelsize compared with the 16" (195/45), so no worries there!

If you go from 15" (195/50) to 17" (205/40) you will add about 3,5% to the wheelsize... but if you go from 14" (175/65) to 17" (205/40) it will only be about 2,3%.

I know my OH would love them on ours, but there is no way I am spending any more money on the car when I know that as soon as the RS comes out in 2010 he will want to change for that.

Can't say I blame him cos I'll be at the front of the queue for the RS too!!!! ;) B) B)

it is sitting much nicer already mate, very good!!

It´s a little bit funny (damn, I saw Moulin Rouge last week... and the the Elton John song seems to be stuck in my head! ;) ), but after I fitted those new alloys my car has turned quite a few heads!

It´s not like it didn´t turn any heads before... of course it did, cause the new Fiesta has only been out on the streets for the last month or so... and until now I´ve have only seen one other Zetec S (and one Titanium 3-doors) even though I live in Copenhagen! - There are some 5-door models out there though... but not many for now. Guess it will change in the near future, as the Fiesta was the most sold car last month! :)

So the car has been noticed by a lot of people... but after tuesday when I replaced the standard wheels with the new alloys, the glancing has tripled or more! :)

My last car was the Seat Leon TFSI Sport-up. I was one of the first to get it in Denmark, as I ordered the car without trying it... and even though it was lowered and fitted with 18" RS6 wheels it didn´t turn as many heads as my new Fiesta with the 17" alloys! - My guess is, that I´ve bought some very nice alloys that suits the car... or I´ve turned prettier for the past few years! - Think I will go for the first option! ;)

Looking very nice there, love the look of the wheels on the black paint.

Have you thought of getting privacy glass fitted?

I have decided not to lower my susspension. I am just going to put the mother - in - law in the back.

... as soon as the RS comes out in 2010 he will want to change for that...

Are we talking about the Fiesta RS? If so why didn't I know about this?

If we are talking about the Focus RS... ooooh.

Looking very nice there, love the look of the wheels on the black paint.

Have you thought of getting privacy glass fitted?

No, actually I haven´t... but maybe it´s worth considering!

Don´t know about the rules in UK, but in Denmark you are allowed to tint the rearwindows up to 100%, but the sidewindows in front and especially the windscreen has some limits in how much they can be tinted! - Can´t remember how much it is... but it´s not that much!

Anyway... I prefer all windows (maybe except the windscreen) to be in the same colour, and do not want to Black out the rearwindows alone... so if I end up tinting the windows, it would be "just a little bit" more than they are now!

I think the RS is a ghost! - That article is a year old and before the economical world was turned upside down!

The ST has apparently been shelfed for now and will not debut for the next couple of years... if ever! If thats true, the RS must be more than just a couple of years away!

Another thing is, that the photos of the "supposed to bee" RS, looks a lot like how the ST is/was going to look like... and sice they haven´t even fitted the rearspoiler from the Zetec S, the Photos/animation must have been a bit of a "long shot"! - I guess, that if the RS some day will break the light, it will have larger wheelarches (amongst other things) as its "trademarks"... just as the Focus RS and some of its predecessors!

We just have to wait and see... but when everything settles again (hopefully), I think that Ford will show us the ST since it seems that it was pretty close to production when they apparently pulled the pluck!