Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Unit Upgrade

Dan9014

Hi all, i would like to upgrade my head unit to one of the factory fit sony cd players.

Any idea if one from a mondeo would fit? I'm guessing not, reason for asking is they seem to be more common.

Does anyone know where i can get a good working one? Besides eBay.

Regards.

The Mondeo ones won't fit as they have a different shaped front plate and the radio itself is different dimensions.

If you go to Ford you'll be looking over £400.

TBH eBay is your best bet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SONY-RADIO-CD-MP3-PLAYER-WITH-CODE-STEREO-2005-FOCUS-TRANSIT-FIESTA-C-MAX-/171016775015?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27d164e567

Mondeo radio, note the angled face plate and that it's wider at the top (as per arrows)

mondeo.jpg

Focus radio, face plate is a regular rectangle (as per arrows)

focus.jpg

One thing to be really cautious about is that some sellers list the radios incorrectly.

Don't instantly believe them when they say it will fit a Focus, look at the photo and gauge for yourself.

Ah yes, i see.

Thanks Clive, very helpful indeed :)

Ah yes, i see.

Thanks Clive, very helpful indeed :)

I do my best :d

Pity your not after not after the later type out of the face lift model (2.5) as i have a DAB one for sale anyone interested make me an offer not sure it will fit yours not sure if the wiring is different but not sure if people have fitted the with the new facia if any one on here can say one way or the other if it will fit and plug and play and your interested pm me .

If you look at my how to links at the bottom of my posts on a pc I have a how to for fitting an upgrade radio to a Mk2.

Currently getting the parts together in order to practice what I preach.

I have the adaptor brackets to fit the radio sat ready and a radio someone gave me but it's a silver visteon model.

Currently bidding on a 6 disc mp3 Sony model on eBay and then just need to source the screws and the correct fascia then the jobs an easy one. (I particularly want a black or RS style carbon fascia but they're hens teeth to get, the carbon one direct from Ford is £280)

The dab unit will fit the Mk2 as long as you have the dual dab/fm aerial for it.

Other than that the existing radio connector (quadlock) is exactly the same.

Really liking the sound of this. Clive, just looked at your guide and it seems like a fairly simple job. Great news that all the wiring is the same, the only issue is that i have a ghia model so i have the walnut dash. Is it possible to get one for the facelift model? Also, i've heard it's a big job upgrading the aerial. If i keep the existing aerial, would i be able to pick up fm stations or will the stereo only work with dab?

Neil, how much are you after for the radio please? If the stereo will work on fm aswell, i may take it off your hands at the right price.

Thanks again to both of you, wish i'd joined this forum a long time ago! Everyone is so helpful :)

I have seen walnut ones around but they're rare.

Been trying to get a carbon one for about a month now, certainly not paying Ford £280 for the honour though.

May have to get a silver one and give it a bit of wrap.

Yeah that's probably the best idea, £280 is a lot of money for what it is!

I'm almost certainly going to buy one of the sony units that will fit my shape focus, but want to fit the aux port as i have a huge amount of music on my phone.

Had the glovebox out before and sadly i don't already have the wiring. What bits would i need to do the job properly? I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the car, everything has to be done properly.

Regards.

Dan don't buy that yet I'm almost certain I have a Zeneca one with the aux and a USB on it that has a self adhesive pad on it so you can fit where required I didn't need it on mine as they gave me the wrong loom originally and got to keep this I,ll dig it out an have a look an post a pic

Had a look unfortunately it connects into the radio via I think they call them line in/out connections which the Sony radios don't have on the rear but anyone on here does have this type fitment and wants it pm me

Don't worry Neil, found a 6cd unit earlier at a reasonable price so got that one.

Thanks for all your help

Kind regards

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club