Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Ambient Lighting

SandyCat

In the cubby hole behind the gear lever is a very dim red light. You only see it if you stick your hand in and I only knew it was there from the Ford book. Is it that mine has gone weak or are they all like that? Is there anything I can do to make it more visible?

The ambient lighting is simply there to provide some subtle warmth to the interior at night and therefore the lights aren't overly bright. You'll find that any items placed in the cubby will glow, and that's pretty much the purpose of it, I don't think there is an easy way of making it brighter.

Ok thanks. It doesn't even do that. You only see it if you stick your hand right by the light. Doesn't really matter it just seems to be a waste that's all.

You could add some brighter Led's to it , to make it brighter.

You could add some brighter Led's to it , to make it brighter.

Are they even able to be removed to service? I wasn't ever sure, same with the glovebox trim strip I thought :huh:

it seem s dark because the cubby hole is black plastic , ive seen pics of fiestas possibly in the usa where its silver the same as the radio surround it shines brighter reflecting of a silver finish.

see pic .112_0811_05z+2009_ford_fiesta+interior_d

OK thanks for the replies. Seems odd Ford went to the trouble of something so ineffective. I may take it out for a closer look one day but it's not important...it stays empty anyway.

Are they even able to be removed to service? I wasn't ever sure, same with the glovebox trim strip I thought :huh:

Anything is removable if you need to , you could also add additional Led's which is what i was talking about by joining into the wiring.