Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0T Mpg & Ecomode Owner Results

JonnnyH

Hi, I am waiting on delivery of my fiesta zetec s 125 ecoboost....just wondering what kind of figures you guys are actually getting in MPG

As usually the stated MPG Is always higher because it is done on a dyno....Thanks

At the moment I'm averaging 43mpg, seems okay but was hoping for a little more, maybe it'll improve with more milage on the car (600 miles on the clock so far)

I'm getting 33.7 mpg but that's around town with no motorway driving so far and I'm very heavy footed this is the first car I've had with a turbo so I use it more than I should :) I'm going on a 280 mile trip on the weekend will let you know what I get from that

Thanks guys :)

Lester1102 - Yeahh that would be good too see what you averaged on the big trip :)

On my ZS tank capacity is 42litres (9gallons) based on my calculations, & 38.4 is the average mpg after 4 fill ups.

I have done around 1500 miles now and am averaging 46 MPG which is about the same as I was getting with my previous Titanium 1.4 Petrol.

Not at all disappointed with MPG as my new Titanium Ecoboost 125 is a lot faster and more fun than the previous car.

You get nothing for nothing as they say.. ..

My dealer and friend said that the engine needs to run a maybe 2-3000 miles before MPG goes up anywhere near 55-56, and that should be about what can get out of it, if you drive economicly only..

Mine has done around 1000miles, and done 47mpg, and thats with keeping it at very low revs all the time, and not been over 80mph, but im also doing this to let it run-in atleast up to 3000miles before im doing any highspeed testing..

The testcar i drove before i bought mine was also doing 30-35mpg, and if u drive like a rented car it will do much less then expected, and that will never change, even with a newer economic engine..

Mine has done around 1000miles, and done 47mpg, and thats with keeping it at very low revs all the time, and not been over 80mph, but im also doing this to let it run-in atleast up to 3000miles before im doing any highspeed testing..

I didn't think you had to 'run in' modern cars?

I didn't think you had to 'run in' modern cars?

Your right and my dealer friend told me that i could just drive it as normal, but i like to play safe i guess..

• 3 weeks later...

You certainly need to run in the tyres, so the dealer was wrong to tell you that. Anyway, 100PS Ecoboost and 3500 miles. Last 1500 miles @ 57.3 mpg. You can go fast but go easy on the acceleration and don't brake unless you absolutely have to. Takes some practice but look at my figures.

Hi, first long run in our new, 100ps, fiesta and averaged 55mpg at a speed between 60-80mph on the A12. Not bad for a brand new car that I've yet to get used to driving, thus I'm not driving economically. When I do I am sure I get much more..

The two times i've seen it , it just jumps around randomly from like 99 down to 20 up to 50 - Don't know how people can make a judgement off that? I wasn't even putting foot to floor or anything this was on the motorway going a steady speed.

Press the stalk again for average mpg read out :whistling:

cheers Ian

• 4 months later...

nearly a year old 7000 miles and averaging 45 mpg......no where near fords predictions motorway around 52 not impressed

Based on 12 fill ups, my averages-

37.4 average mpg on trip computer.

278 miles average between fill ups.

36.5 litres average to fill up.

134 pence per litre average paid.

£49 average spend to fill up.

5.95p per mile average (fuel).

Sorry about my maths-

The cars done 3508 miles in total, & it's cost me £588 in petrol :(

In summer i did around 38mpg - Here in winter time im at a miserable 28,5mpg...

Most of driving is in the city but when im home we do longer trips, both figures are avg not not city..

I live in Denmark, and i asked ford if they have any updates for the ecu so i would be able to reach a higher mpg, but non are planned..

And the information from the dealers up until now has been that danish owners of the 1.0T avg the 38mpg as i do...

Sadly as we all know the claimed figures are made in a test facility with no wind and other obstacles and done on a rolling road, it has NOTHING to do with normal use as we all do..

Drove back to Cheltenham tonight, got a 50mpg average, 150 miles and its taken only a quarter of a tank. Quite pleased with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 1litre 125 ZS and am getting 37mpg. I am slightly disappointed with this as I try to avoid going over 2000rpm. Was hoping for more early 40s

Drove back to Cheltenham tonight, got a 50mpg average, 150 miles and its taken only a quarter of a tank. Quite pleased with that.

Filled up with 408 Miles done on the tank, 50 Miles still left in the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

My car is a 2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0L 80PS 5 Door with 8500 miles on the clock.

I purchased it second hand last Wednesday, 12th February. I filled it up with standard 95 RON fuel from ASDA and I have done 205 miles so far with an average MPG of 48, mainly urban with 55% cold starts (Most of my journeys are 2 miles to work on a morning/evening) with a few evening motorway runs.

My trip computer says I have 280 miles left to go but I have found that with careful driving I can beat this figure.

My first motorway run I got up to 58MPG taking it steady and It never falls below 45MPG around town which are great stats for a petrol.

So I'm looking to break 500 miles for the tank and hopefully some extra. My ECO mode stats are 5 petals for each area but I am yet to see a trophy! (Hope I haven't missed it!)

I previously had a Ford KA for 7 years and couldn't get more than 300 miles/tank with that so I'm super pleased with the car so far :-)

I may fill up with Shell V-Power next and see if I notice a performance/MPG boost as others have. It's good to know the car has double knock sensors so hopefully there are efficiencies to be gained.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Ford take note of what is written here by users in respect of the discrepancy between actual mpg and advertised mpg. Even taking into account all the factors, it seems to be something of a gamble - and one I am probably not prepared to spend £14k taking in the circumstances. Pity because otherwise it seemed the right car.

You will never achieve what Ford stated, nor like any other company states about their vehicles. When testing they actually stick it on a rolling road, connected obviously the computer. The also lift the bonnet up which circulates cold air into the engine with a fan in front of the car, whereas real life the bonnet is closed and the engine heats up and is sucking in warmer air. They disconnect a lot of the battery components e.g. lighting to also get the highest readings possible. Sad I know, realistically that's the truth too if you researched it upon yourselves :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Personally, since I switched to Shell petrol, I refuse to go back to supermarket stuff. ~I've seen a minimum 3mpg increase from the switch, and if I go for Vpower, its more like 8.

Goes to show that a couple of extra pence is actually worth it.

+1

Nothing but Shell if i can help it.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app