Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with electric folding mirrors on 57 plate zetec

BFC

Developed a problem over past few weeks, car has the automatic folding mirrors, when you lock the car the mirrors fold in, recently passenger side has started making a noise, as it folds in and gets to closed position there are six clicks and the mirror shakes as if it's trying to fold further. Anyone know why (and more importantly how to cure it!). Thanks

Developed a problem over past few weeks, car has the automatic folding mirrors, when you lock the car the mirrors fold in, recently passenger side has started making a noise, as it folds in and gets to closed position there are six clicks and the mirror shakes as if it's trying to fold further. Anyone know why (and more importantly how to cure it!). Thanks

Presume it's still under warranty, less than 2 years old, if so, take it to the local dealers and let them have a look.

Presume it's still under warranty, less than 2 years old, if so, take it to the local dealers and let them have a look.

Agreed, don't mess with it yourself; let the dealer have the pain!

You cant "cure it" yourself.the motor in the mirror unit is "recycling" ,it always seems the passenger side, and needs a complete new mirror,ford know about it and most of the dealers know about it.

it is a warrenty job ,the reason I know is mine did exactly that two weeks ago, and my dealer ordered a new mirror without even looking at the car (I phoned and told them what was wrong) took the car in about 6 days later (as I was unavailable before then) and did the job while I waited......................see post by me called "click and mix" on thursday 12th march...hope that helps

best of luck

Kristal

• 8 years later...

This has recently started happening on my 2007 Fiesta. Anybody know if there's an easier solution than a complete mirror replacement?

when I had my 2007 fiesta this happened to the passenger side mirror. I just prised the cover off inside the door where the wires are and unplugged it so it just stayed out permanently.  Also meant that is anyone else drove the car they could not adjust it. My intention was to just disconnect the wire that powered the folding in/out motor but I could not find out anywhere at the time which colour wire to cut so I just unplugged the whole thing (I could probably have worked it out with a multimeter if I tried harder).  I have seen others with this problem when I have walked through supermarket car parks and heard that click click click and seen a fiesta mirror doing this

On 05/01/2018 at 3:07 PM, isetta said:

when I had my 2007 fiesta this happened to the passenger side mirror. I just prised the cover off inside the door where the wires are and unplugged it so it just stayed out permanently.  Also meant that is anyone else drove the car they could not adjust it. My intention was to just disconnect the wire that powered the folding in/out motor but I could not find out anywhere at the time which colour wire to cut so I just unplugged the whole thing (I could probably have worked it out with a multimeter if I tried harder).  I have seen others with this problem when I have walked through supermarket car parks and heard that click click click and seen a fiesta mirror doing this

I did have the fuse removed - but that stopped the heating element working and the mirror adjustment, so I've put it back in!

I also have to park on a road outside my house fairly regularly, so having the mirrors fold in is a big bonus. At the moment the noise is more irritating than anything, but at least I know I've locked the car as I walk away from it!

Mine was passenger side and I rarely parked where I felt it need folding in so did not matter to me. No heating nor adjustment but luckily my wife has mirrors adjusted same as me.

What I was most concerned at leaving it connected was I do not know exactly what makes the clicking, sounds a bit like a cog jumping the teeth on it so I thought that one day something would break and it would not fold back out when I unlock the car. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club