Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Hole

Turvey

Whilst having a wee nosey under the bonnet the other day I noticed that on top of both shock absorber/suspension mounts(sorry, can't remember correct terminology) was a hole which it seems lets in all the crud and muck off the road into the engine bay...

130328_140619_zps5f446389.jpg

Should there be a grommet or something similar there?

It does look like someone has drilled it for some reason rather than it being from the factory like that as it looks a bit ragged..

no idea in what purpose it serves though

Its from the factory they all have it and its allegedly to get access to greases the bearing how true that is ive no idea and nope no grommets etc all foxis have it

The bearings in the struts will be a non serviceable type? And how you would grease them through that hole..

Strange one but it must have a use. It's been drilled quite poorly too, or it looks that way in the pic

You are correct Stef, it IS poorly drilled. Think I'll rustproof it at some stage and see about a grommet or something to keep all the crap out.

mine isnt that poorly drilled as i say ive no idea how much truth there is but the ford dealer said they had issues with creaky steering and would stick spray grease through that hole its not a threaded hole so ive no idea what its for

mine doesnt look that poorly drilled either but yeah its from factory

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club