Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dremel Modding Tool

vince_13

ive now created quite a long list of mods to do now, and the majority of them require or advise the use of a dremel tool

on the mods that i have done so far i have tried to get around this (using other tools) however with the car being in the condition it is i wonder whether it would be easier and far neater to do it properly the first time, than mess it up trying to bodge it with the wrong tools

my question is, having never used a dremel or seen 1 can anyone advise on what to buy?

its on my list but ive no idea what im buying

cheers :)

Machine Mart do one thats made by Clarke that takes Dremel attachments.

Great bit of kit if its used properly.

I use one for polishing the ports up on heads when they are off, and various other jobs.

On plastic use at low speed or it will melt the plastic rather than sand it to shape.

dony buy a cheap replacement - some just dont have enough power to cut through butter

i've tried the Halfords one and the lidl ones and they are poor

dremel all the way for me - look out for argos offers!

Agree with Sal above, I've had a few poor cheap ones, and a mid range one, but none can match the torque or speed of the dremel,,,, more expensive but think of it like the de-walt of the multi tool world.

I like the idea of cordless ones but they're a tad pricey for the occasional use.

good choice, dont got for battery powered ones, they are useless!

excellent, yh im not fond of cordless myself, have to check on what batteries are/arent charged, you just know it wont be charged when ya need it

is it worth practicing with it on different materials, or is using it quite straight forward?

A little bit of time on practice will never be wasted!!

Other than that, the usual "measure twice, cut once"

They are useful little tools.

ok thanks for the advice :)

I have had a cheap and nasty Fake Dremel for about 5 years , 5 speed corded , it has never let me down and is very powerfull. For the occaisional use it is perfect for the job. Cost me less than £20

Performance power from b n q do them pretty good they last well do everything the dremel does even has the flexible attatchment and its a shed load cheaper than the dremel

just remember to wear safety glasses when using this tool, the amount of times the cutting wheels has shattered is unreal.

ok thanks for the help

I would seriously consider the corded rather than battery. battery may appear convenient initially, but what about when it drains in the middle of a job? Batterys will eventually need replacing aswell and you always have full torque available when needed with a mains powered unit.

I would seriously consider the corded rather than battery. Battery may appear convenient initially, but what about when it drains in the middle of a job? Batterys will eventually need replacing aswell and you always have full torque available when needed with a mains powered unit.

too true m8, dont fancy waiting around for batteries to charge haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club