Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ignition Barrel

vince_13

hi guys

since ive added an illuminated igntion ring to my focus, my other half has taken a liking now and she wants one

in terms of wiring i think it will be the (pos and neg taken from the interior light) however the bit im concerned about is the ring, will it fit around the ignition barrel of her fiesta?

i bet the cowling might need some modifiying maybe (to show the colour) nothing a bit of filing wont solve

does anyone know the diameters of both the ring and the barrel face?

Just be careful tapping into lighting circuits depending on the age of the car can bring up bulb replacement lights (like when you fit a towbar without control box) Ford already has a fibreoptic system designed for later vehicles and you cant tap into that.

ok cheers, ill pull the light down anyway just to make sure,

just the barrel left to figure out

for anyone interested, we will be working on this tomrrow, ill remove it from my focus and try it in the fiesta...

watch this space :)

Measure the barrel and apeture on both cars and compare the measurements.

Measure the barrel and apeture on both cars and compare the measurements.

will do my friend no problem

ok guys some news, the igintion will fit in the fiesta, however it just requires some modification to allow for the leds to be seen,

DSC04934_zpsefa03cf5.jpg

the securing collar will fit directly over the barrel, also the led ring is also bigger than the barrel, the only modification you need is to cut out the circle highlighted in red

Picture1_zpsf1f662e4.jpg

with regards to wiring, it looks very similar to the focus interior light, without checking the wiring colours i think the loom supplied with the illumination ring will work with the fiesta light

this is now on the 'to do' list on the fiesta, and ill file the hole first to ensure it doesnt become to big and the collar then falling off all the time

Cue the first illuminated Fiesta ignition barrel.

Looking forward to seeing this done.

haha yeh definitely worth a go, I also thinking footwell lights in the fiesta aswell just need some brackets bulb holders fixing in

• 2 weeks later...

This might not be happening for some time yet, I realised tonight that the interio light does not come on when the car unlocked thus meaning the ignition light and fotwell lights would need to be switched on and off

Going to have a think, any ideas?
Is the interior light function special to focus or to all fords I.e something to be activated through Elm maybe?

scrap that, after some research today and looking at different circuits with delay timer and relays etc i remembered that my first interior light didn't work with the ignition light, which got me thinking that its the light itself..

got home, removed my interior light fitted it into the fiesta and boom works how it should

so in theory if i fit the loom supplied with the ignition ring it should work correctly

next on the list is to figure out where to mount the footwell lights

:D

• 2 weeks later...

update on this, the mondeo interior light arrived today however when we fittted it nothing worked, found no voltage on the plugs... so after looking through the many fuses and finding them all to be fine i took to this forum and thankfully someone gave us some info that the interior light is fused on the same fuse as the horn, so changed the fuse and all is working as it should

wiring loom made up ready for install

20130427_150629_zps9c832285.jpg

still awaiting for the ignition ring to arrive then the steering cowel can be modified and then fit everything :)

also got some cabinet brackets that im going to stick to the interior plastic using velcro strips to mount the bulb holders to.

ill be doing this on monday,

would anyone be interested in a guide or some more pictures to do this mod on there own fiesta mk6/6.5?

hey guys i dont know if this is actually useful to anyone but ill update anyway

here is the final item finished and working as it should :D
(no doubt my gf will be pleased as she hasnt seen it yet), i will get some pictures of the footwell lights tonight when its darker

DSC05159_zpsa16018ee.jpg

if anyone is interested feel free to contact me as i have other pics of fitting the iginition ring and the footwell lights

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club