Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta 05 14 tdci eca fail

mark1316

Guys and Girls Im just new here and have a problem with the above car. Had EAC fail come up on the dash and car went to limp home mode. No warning light tho. Called the RAC out and they put it through the computer with no fault code ??. They put it down to the leaking injector that was spraying fuel out. Took it to the garage and had the seals done . Got it on the open road and felt like there was no turbo . struggled to get to 70mph on the motorway. Then the EAC fail popped up again same story. stopped on the hard shoulder and turned off left for 10 min and it started again and drove it back to the garage. they used there computer and no fault code. tried to get home again and done the same . Got the car back to the garage and they are looking at it now again but still no code ???

Please Please please guys can anyone throw any light onto this fault ?

I have been doing loads of reading and have seen the following things that could be the cause ,

1/ Throttle pedal ?

2/ airflow meter

3/ turbo ?

All of the above cost a !Removed! bomb after forking out for the injector seals

Thanks In advance Mark ( The new boy )

Hi

EAC stands for electronic accelerator control. The problem is related to the accelerator pedal and fly-by-wire system.

Hi

EAC stands for electronic accelerator control. The problem is related to the accelerator pedal and fly-by-wire system.

So the pedal should help it ? or will it be something else along with it ?

Pedal now ordered will change and post back the results. been all through the web and see loads of problems but not one person bothered to say what fixed it ????

• 2 weeks later...
pedal replaced still the same intermitant EAC fail and seems to be low on power

It will be low on power while EAC fail is being reported as it goes into "limp home mode". Try cleaning the throttle body/sensor as this normally gets rid of it.

It will be low on power while EAC fail is being reported as it goes into "limp home mode". Try cleaning the throttle body/sensor as this normally gets rid of it.

Hi m8 cheers for the reply. The EAC fail causes the car to run at no more than 2000 rpm but whe nthe fail is not on the car still seems to lack power . I can get it to 70mph on the motorway but its a struggle . This wee car was like all 14 TDCI,s a flying machine . Its off into Ford,s today for a full diags as its really doing my head in and cant use the car more times than not .

Any Idea where the throttle body/ sensor is on a TDCi ?

talk to fords there is a tsb about the contacts in the wireing loom not being up to the job and an updated loom is now available.

talk to fords there is a tsb about the contacts in the wireing loom not being up to the job and an updated loom is now available.

funny you mention that but that's what they called and told me. they said a big multi pulg was damaged and that was the issue. they want £152 + vat for the part then I have labour on top of that. don't think its right you need to pay for a known fault ???

have a talk with customer services on 08458411111.

have a talk with customer services on 08458411111.

cheers m8 will call them 1st thing tues morn I would expect them to be closed monday. does the fault they told me sound like the same harnes/plug ? should a TSB be fixed FOC as its a kind of known issue and since they have realeased a modified part then ford accept the fault ?

For the Record what does TSB stand for ???

cheers m8 will call them 1st thing tues morn I would expect them to be closed monday. does the fault they told me sound like the same harnes/plug ? should a TSB be fixed FOC as its a kind of known issue and since they have realeased a modified part then ford accept the fault ?

For the Record what does TSB stand for ???

Noe claim its the harness at the injectors thats at fault. Car is getting worked on today so will know soon I hope if this has resolved the issue

As for the customer service they would not budge as they claim there has been no recals for anything on the 14 TDCi

• 1 year later...

I HAVE HAD THE SAME EAC FAIL ERROR COME ON.

IT GOES OFF IF THE CAR IS TURNED OFF FOR 2 MINS BUT ALWAYS COMES BACK

I HAVE BEEN TO A LOCAL GARAGE WHO SAID IT WAS THE EGR VALVE - GOT IT CHANGED SAME PROB

THEN GOT INJECTOR SEALS AND WASHERS CHANGED + EXHAUST SEALS, FUEL RETURN PIPES - AS IT MAY HAVE BEEN DUE TO A VERY SMALL FUEL LEAK

SAME PROBLEM STILL

GAVE UP HOPE WENT TO FORD DEALER - ADVISED TO CHANGE AIR INTAKE TURBO PIPE "JUST IN CASE BEFORE THEY COULD CHECK IT "

THEN AT THE END BACK TO SQUARE 1 - THEY ARE NOT SURE BUT THING THAT THE EGR VALVE I HAVE MAY BE FAULTY -ADVISED CHANGE IT AGAIN

THIS ERROR CAUSES SO MANY PROBLEMS UNFORTUNATELY NO ONE UNDERSTANDS IT WELL.

I AM NOW PLANNING ON CLEANING THE VALVE AND THROTTLE BODY AND REPLACE IT ALL BEFORE CHANGING THE EGR VALVE TO ANOTHER 1 FORD ALSO SAID IT COLUD BE AIR BEING LEAKED NEAR THE ERG VALVE

TIP FORD ADVISED MY EGR VALVE WAS REPLACEMENT PART AND NOT A FORD 1 WHICH IS POSSIBY WHY I AM STILL HAVING THE PROBLEM AS THE ECU CANT RECOGNISE THE PART.

ONCE THIS MYSTERY IS SOLVED PLEASE ADVISE THANKS I WILL UPDATE YOU ALL SOON

• 2 years later...

I have exactly the same problem as any one got to the bottom of it nightmare !!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club