Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow Hitch On A Mk3

Borg

would I need a 'relay' or can I just scotchlock/solder into the wires for the lights ?

You need a buzzer or light on the dashboard by law for indicators so to fit a relay with buzzer in the boot would be ideal. Also on the mk3 there is already a 15A supply there

• Like 1

Cool thanks. Kit comes with a buzzer.

|Wahst the 15amp supply for then ? Fridges and such ?

Cool thanks. Kit comes with a buzzer.

|Wahst the 15amp supply for then ? Fridges and such ?

It will be for the supply to the relay.

To power the fridge and battery you would need to fit a split charge relay which IIRC is 30/40A

• Like 1

Relay ? Or the buzzer ? (same thing probably) :)

Relay ? Or the buzzer ? (same thing probably) :)

They are usually both combined in the same unit.

The type I use are a small box with a terminal strip at one end and fixed wiring at the other which is spliced onto the cars wiring and has a buzzer built in.

• Like 1

In not sure if the mk3 actually needs a relay or not to be honest but I always tend to fit them anyway

Well its in the kit it will go on :)

Nice to see the pre drilled/made holes in the rear chassis line up NOT :) Then I dislocated my thumb so thats it for tonight

I would say the issue is probably a discrepancy with the actual towbar frame work itself and not the car.

Oops, did you do that fitting the towbar?

Def the cassis the hole didn't line up but the side brackets are on now. Yer pushing the exhaust rubber off :)

Its happened before. I was working on my bike and I did both of them , I couldn't grab them to pull them back in place so had to ask someone walking past to do it :)

Just got to work out which part of the bumper to cut now. The 'diagram' isn't the best, going to fit reversing beepers while I'm at it.

Have you got to cut the bumper or the rear under tray? I was going to fit a detachable to my mk3 and all i had to do for that was cut the under tray and IIRC its already marked..

About 6 weeks ago i fitted a witter towbar to my MK2 without having to cut any part of the bumper.

For the time being i scotch locked the electrics in, (Freezing my nee nah's off and had had enough) and once the weather warms up i'm gonna solder them in properly and use heat shrink to weatherproof them

Those instructions are quite poor..

About 6 weeks ago i fitted a witter towbar to my MK2 without having to cut any part of the bumper.

For the time being i scotch locked the electrics in, (Freezing my nee nah's off and had had enough) and once the weather warms up i'm gonna solder them in properly and use heat shrink to weatherproof them

If you are planning on soldering and using heatshrink to weatherproof the cores (no need really as long as they are insulated) i would use the glue lined heatshrink as there is more chance of moisture creeping into the normal stuff

mines have all been scothlocked also.im gonna solder em in few days as well