Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Getting Decent Mpg From The New 1.0L Focus Ecoboost

andygayle83

I'm luckily getting around 38.1 at the moment, done just under 3k miles! So hopefully will go up more !! :)

the way ive looked at it, is all cars mpg's are tested in ideal conditions(perfect temparature steady throttle no wind etc) so it doesnt matter whether its ford skida renault audi all of them are going to be unachievable by roughly the same amount. i have always looked at mpg and took 10% off as thats a fair rough gage. if it was only audi testing in deal conditions then it would be an unfair advantage but they all do it

I work with fleet drivers and fleet managers, and I have this argument daily when they are disappointed by the MPG. One that sticks in my mind was a customer with a hybrid Peugeot... he complained that he was ONLY getting 60mpg when the quoted figure was 85mpg. He still couldn't understand it when I explained they are gained in controlled test conditions....

The mpg is going to increase over the first few years, my car's MPG has really rocketed since its gone over 25k!

Hi, actually the tests are meant to simulate headwinds, but what they do not say is how much tape can be used to cover any gaps in the bodywork :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I have just done 1100 mile and am getting 40.1 mpg, the trick is not to let the turbo kick in in 1st gear.

Hi everyone I have 2013 focus zetec s 1.0 125 have done 500 miles and its doing 28 to 32 MPG really disappointed hope this improves if the garage had told me that the car would have to be run in first I wouldn't have bought new

Iv just gone over 3100 and getting 45mpg now! It's great!

• 3 weeks later...

Iv just gone over 3100 and getting 45mpg now! It's great!

Hoping mine will keep improving like yours!

Approaching 1500 and it's currently 39.1MPG. Think these engines blend in quicker than old ones!

• 6 months later...

im only getting 32.0 mpg and i put it down to living on the isle of wight where its all country roads. no motorways and 1 crappy dual carriagway. but on the mainland i got 46 mpg at 70-80 mph which i was pretty happy with. also i found that reseting the trip on the avg mpg helps bring it back up especially on long runs.

Now on 50.4 MPG so that's great am really happy with it, have a new one coming end of December so I guess I'll be running it in again!!

im only getting 32.0 mpg and i put it down to living on the isle of wight where its all country roads. no motorways and 1 crappy dual carriagway. but on the mainland i got 46 mpg at 70-80 mph which i was pretty happy with. also i found that reseting the trip on the avg mpg helps bring it back up especially on long runs.

This might be down to the moist air

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club