Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spongy Brakes

gwhite73

Hi

I have a 2010(60) 1.4 tdci mk7 and I've noticed that I seem to have to press the brake a lot further before the brakes react than what I do in similar new cars. In fact I test drove a 62 plate b max the other day and my head hit the steering wheel when I braked! The braking effort seems fine it's just that the first half of the pedal seems to do nothing whereas other cars seem to react even if you push the brake pedal a millimeter.

I've recently had new pads which hasn't seem to have made any difference.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? I've just had a service 3 weeks ago and the cars still under warranty

Thanks

Mine are the same, take a look at this topic I made a couple of years ago.

Same here. 2009 Fiesta, 50% travel before brakes engages. My 2009 Mondeo is really something else. Im throwing everyone in the car around each time I as much as touch the brakes. To sensitive imo. I would like something in between.

Spongy brakes usually means air in the linings, but for the fiesta i think this is a designflaw somewhere. I just replaced both my pads and discs. It got a bit better, but still spongy. My braided linings arrived today, they will be installed this weekend. I think that will improve things,

Happens on mine too dude, it's just the Fiesta's design :mellow:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club