Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 6 Remote Central Locking Please Someone Help

fiesta0207

Some good news!!! The cable arrive too so now I can do everything this weekend will keep you informed :)

Nice one mate.... Would be a brill idea to take pics and do a step by step guide, I'm sure it'll be very helpful to a lot of mk6.5 owners:-)

Good luck hope it all goes well!

Keep us posted:-)

Yeh gd idea Although mine would basically start from after the GEM is replaced since the GEM is already there hehe. Lets hope the programing program works :)

Yeh gd idea Although mine would basically start from after the GEM is replaced since the GEM is already there hehe. Lets hope the programing program works :)

Lol that's true, there's no guide on here for fitting or programming the GEM it would be a great addition to the guide section if there was one here as I have spoke to quite a few members looking for advice on how to source and fit the GEM and program the key

I should really have taken pics and put a guide together when I did mine..... Along with a few other mods I've done lol

Was abit curious and decided to give the cable a test and guess what it WORKED!!! fixed the lights issue changes the lane change flasher to 3x and allowed boot to open when ignition is on :)). Since i dont understand russian i still need to check wipers issue!!

FFN works for the fiesta too!! (At least facelift)

Superb mate, that's awesome :-) what did you actually do once you plugged it in?

Nothing much. Opened the program. Check the ipc and it read the VIN successfully. Changed to the GEM page changed the switch to MS CAN mode and let it read the GEM. Ticked/unticked the settings i needed and told it to write to the GEM and thats it really. I did this with the ignition on but engine off :))

The best part is seeing the lights go off when you tell it to write to the GEM :))

That Sounds like a complete piece of cake:-) can't believe that would have set you back over £140 to get a ford garage to program the module.

Well done mate:-)

Been driving this morning and everything works as it should!! :) yeh true cant believe it costs that much. Maybe there is something under the hood that we might be missing who knows. But as longs as it works who cares lol

Yeah who cares indeed lol, tbh I didn't think it was going to be possible for you to write into the gem, 10/10 for sourcing modifying and fixing.

Happy motoring mate :-)

Living proof it works. I managed to write to the IPC too. It changes the display to diag and after complete it goes back to normal. Basically all modules except abs and pcm i think. But i think that would be more of a software issue and it is still in the begining so things will change

• 2 years later...

So do ELMconfig done same thing? And where GEM location is (Father has a LHD car) Where I can download FFN?