Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Always Thirsty

Fiesta Silver1.4

Sup guys, i normally put £20 in my tank which should last my car a long time. I think i shoud be getting atleast 40mpg.

Been doing some tests latley and ive found this. (i dont drive crazy as well)

Filled up 2x with £10 and got (1) 27.3 miles before light came on, (2) 36.

2x £20 = 60-70 miles then light/empty.

Its not the way i drive. I put £10 in the other day soon as it hit 0. Lasted me till today and again 27 miles. Think it jus needs a !Removed! good service.?

#

rob

Sup guys, i normally put £20 in my tank which should last my car a long time. I think i shoud be getting atleast 40mpg.

Its not the way i drive. I put £10 in the other day soon as it hit 0. Lasted me till today and again 27 miles. Think it jus needs a !Removed! good service.?

#

rob

when was it last serviced? you could start by checking the air filter.

Something wrong there.I have just parted with my 1.4 silver,lovely motor.

It was a 2004 model which had covered just 28000 miles and returned average of 36 mpg over the total mileage.On a long run even at motorway speed 70mph would return 44 mpg.My son now has the car and he gets 300 miles per tankfull.I would like to point out that it had a service at less mileage than the the required service intervals.

Giving you're car a service is one of the best ways to increase your mpg. Specially if it's been a while since the last one

Well, I got it on around 34k and ive done 10k so im on about 44000 miles. It was serviced/mot/valet when i got it, but i cant find the docs Ford gave me :s - is there a way i can get/request them or am i out of look.

@stef, im not too bright about cars lol - What should i be looking for when checking the air filter? or should i clean/get somebody to clean it? (i know more about bikes ^.^ )

Rob'erto

You would need to go to the dealer that carried out the service I think. They should have it all on the computer.

Would just replace the air filter for the price you could get one for its not really worth the bother cleaning it. Its due to be changed at 37.5k miles

#

rob

I have a 1.4i 5door zetec (petrol) which is heavier that yours, and I regularly get between 45 to 50 to the gallon are you using the correct formulae to work out litre's to gallons ...just a thought,cause i did it wrong at first........... number of litre's divided by 4.54 = gallons..then divide the miles by the number of gallons if it still low then I have to agree with the others ...It needs a B****y good service

Best wishes

Kristal

ok ill put it in for a service then, Should i replace the air filter with stock standard or an aftermarket performance? what would be better.

Plus, i have the car under 2 year warringty, not sure if anything is coverd but if something is faulty with anything to do with fuel intake etc? think my warrinty covers it?

ok ill put it in for a service then, Should i replace the air filter with stock standard or an aftermarket performance? what would be better.

Plus, i have the car under 2 year warringty, not sure if anything is coverd but if something is faulty with anything to do with fuel intake etc? think my warrinty covers it?

If you have 2 years warranty it should cover any mechanical/electrical defect but NOT service parts,these are deemed as consumables,like tyres,brake pads/disc's that wear out naturally so I wouln'nt put in a air filter if your going to take it to the dealer as they will change it on the service,if your going to do it yourself then you better ask the boys on here, as i dont know the answer to the oiley bits you need to change,

best of luck

kristal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club