Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bp Fuel

Rossbclarke123

Hi,

I am just interested to find out why Ford recommend BP fuel so much, I have noticed it in my last 4 ford vehicles bu never paid to much attention, but is starting to bug me. Is it just a simple as they have deal finanically or is their a reason behind this do we know?

Thanks.

I found absolutely no diffferance what fuel I use. Whether its Shell, Shell v power or bp. Every now and then I fill up with the good stuff but even supermarket fuel comes from the same place. It's just the additives each brand put in.

Ford and BP have been "working together" from 2003 >

what car and variuos others tested Shell fuel and found you do get better mpg with clean burn fuels and supermarket fuels didnt do the same mpg so there is a difference i will not touch supermarket fuel and most breakdown companies do not rate it especially diesel either in my family my focus sisters rover dads citreon c4 have all been on Shell and found better mpg better power and a happier car

what car and variuos others tested shell fuel and found you do get better mpg with clean burn fuels and supermarket fuels didnt do the same mpg so there is a difference i will not touch supermarket fuel and most breakdown companies do not rate it especially diesel either in my family my focus sisters rover dads citreon c4 have all been on shell and found better mpg better power and a happier car

3-5p less per litre from the supermarkets = Happier driver

My car does 2-3mpg more on Shell fuel than anything else, even bp/esso.

Hi my focus MK2.5 1.6 TDI was running rough on tick over. just had it serviced so all new parts on it, but running rough you could see the revs going up and down did not sound to well, I fill up at sainsburys and have done for a long time, but last fill up I used BP just normal Diesel, and now no rough tick over revs are steady & sounds a lot better, so now will be using BP stations to fill up from now on.

Cheaper fuels goid for the wallet but costs you in the end hence why dealers are doing high pressure injector cleaning since the cheap stuff doesnt burn well it leaves lots of deposits which you get rid of using treatments etc given the cost of those you dont save i get from a full tank an extra 42miles using Shell but its up to the driver i think supermarket fuels a false economy

Shell for me all the way. I think its just down to BP paying Ford to advertise and you will get those people who will listen to anything and think you cant use any other diesel apart from BP diesel. lol

Every now and again i will boot the car to 3k and keep it there for 30 mins to give the engine a good "clean" and workout. Car sounds far better and responds better afterwards.

Yep just advertisement on fords part probably due to a large wad of cash lol

Yep just advertisement on fords part probably due to a large wad of cash lol

Its a lot more than that,

The relationship between Ford and BP is over a decade old now, which has survived one of the worst enviromental/ PR disasters in recent history, the exact financial details have never been disclosed, but it is believed BP and Ford developed the recent bio- fuels/ low sulphor fuels together (alongside the engines) ,

Just advertisement as far as I'm concerned

I get supermarket fuel and Shell fuel and not noticed any difference so I dont think I will notice any change if I got BP fuel

I cant see how anyone can notice a change in mpg from different fuel company's there are so many different factors that can change mpg , weather , style of driving and how your driving went on a certain journey you took that day.

• Like 1

I try to use Shell or Sainsburys. Morrisons is crap! Asda, mm...alright...but I get the best economy and throttle response from Shell.

Also, a little Italian tune up every so often :-D

(Good for the soul if nothing else lol)

its amazing how it effects certain cars my old mans citroen c4 vtr on supermarket stuff just had no go after 2 tanks of standard Shell there was a noticeable difference in response and he was much happier with it anytime ive used the cheap stuff i always find i need more fuel sooner than i normally wood its one of those i cant be needing it already situations

we used morrisons fuel for 2 year noticed more smoke on acceleration..and a noisy engine

now use bp... no smoke more poke engines very queit

also now using 200ml of 2stroke oil to full tank with millers injecter cleaner every other fill up

very happy with results its even made a improvement on a flat spot

to say t

I found absolutely no diffferance what fuel I use. Whether its shell, shell v power or bp. Every now and then I fill up with the good stuff but even supermarket fuel comes from the same place. It's just the additives each brand put in.

You will find it's a bit more than just the additives.

Yes the fuel comes from the same refinery but the cheaper stuff doesn't get as well refined, . It's all about the hydocarbons in the fuel, the shorter the chains of hydrocarbons the better the fuel and the better it burns. So you get what you pay for. I do 30k a year and the difference is about 50 miles per tank with a noticable response and acceleration from the engine. Used to have a corsa and that wouldn't start first time with any supermarket fuel and was fine with the premium brands.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club