Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk3 2006 Auto Dimming Mirror

Wappygixer

Hi,

I've just bought a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI as my first car.

It's a 2006 model with Zetec spec and inbuilt sat nav.

I want to add an auto dimming rear mirror but I'm struggling to find the correct mirror type for my car. My mirror is bonded to the screen and has a gap of about 1-2 inches to the top of the headlining.

Can anyone help me in finding the correct mirror I need to buy?

Many thanks

it all depends if your car is pre facelift or not as 2005 was the year of change, there should be a tab on the mirror which enables it to be removed, once removed you will be left with the mount button on the windscreen, depending on the shape of the mount you should be able to work out which mirror you require (there are two sorts), lets hope its the pre facelift as these have less electrical wirs to connect.

it all depends if your car is pre facelift or not as 2006 was the year of change

Um, don't you mean 2003?

revised facelift 2005

when I put my 2007 mk3 tdci 130 details into compatibility box,it comes up with three,but says pre-2003 models only.confused

wouldnt mind doing this myself as hate glare from idiots behind me with upgraded headlights :angry:

when I put my 2007 mk3 tdci 130 details into compatibility box,it comes up with three,but says pre-2003 models only.confused

wouldnt mind doing this myself as hate glare from idiots behind me with upgraded headlights :angry:

whats confusing?

it says pre 2003 in compatibility and it also does in the title, youve just said yours is a 2007 so of course it wont fit :lol:

on the ad,even tho it says pre 2003 it comes up 200?-2007. i get it though,but couldnt understand why it says 2000-2007(even tho it says pre 2003).ohhh well

the 2000-2007 is the variant. which is a mk3, so people with mk1, 2, or 4 will know it wont go on their cars, then it has pre 2003 to show its mk3s that are before 2003.

Dont forget mk1s and 2s are before 2003 also

I've looked at my mirror and it has a little release tab at the bottom of it.I'm guessing I need to press this and slide the mirror off it's guide?

The mirror above for the 2004-2007 looks a different fitting to mine, it looks like it would fix to the headlining area and not the screen.It also looks like the wiring would be visible once fitted.

From the top of my mirror to the top of the screen I have about 2 inches of clear space and any wiring coming from the auto dimming mirror would be seen going into the interior light area.

it wouldnt look bad though.as long as you tape the wires so it just looks like one wire etc,no?

right just looked it up all models need to buy the prefacelift mirror, (before 2003) as wappygixer pointed out and ive just found by looking up, the mounting is different.

for wiring in the mirror, you will not have a plug & play fitting sadly but if you buy one with a suitable amount of wiring loom attached to it then you simply have to wire that up to the interior light wiring & away you go (pin1/green wire = 12V + ,,, black wire
= negative,,,, 2nd green wire at the other pin is the reverse light 12V so just leave unconnected & you will have no bother at all :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club