Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vinnie's Project Log

vince_13

thanks barry,

got my MOT next week so once that is done i get my switches out and convert them

• 2 weeks later...

flew through MOT :D cheapest MOT ive ever had haha

advisory on 2 front tyres

• Like 2

good to hear it flew the mot fella.

mine went in last week and no advisorys what so ever so was chufed as beans

good stuff barry,

going to be changing the heated window buttons today in order to replace the leds in them

• 2 weeks later...

successfully changed the leds in the heated window stiches, however the colour hasn't turned out as I planned, in the black switches the plastic block is of white colour and reflects the led colour through to the indication and shows true colour, which looks good

however because mine switches are silver the plastic block on the back is clear/grey therefore the light and colour from the led is dulled and not reflected through to the indication and doesn't give off the colour compared to the black switch

ill see how it goes if not ill be changing the led to a more prominent colour i.e red/green/blue etc

as for the other mods, im going to concentrate on the big stuff on the agenda is

Lowering

window Tints

Cat back Exhaust

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well looks like my luck has changed for the better, should hopefully be receiving a front and rear bumper valance from a zetec s in primer to which im very excited

as soon as they arrive and i have figured out a colour scheme they will be fitted, then i can get working on the cat back exhaust system

:D

• Like 1

well looks like my luck has changed for the better, should hopefully be receiving a front and rear bumper valance from a zetec s in primer to which im very excited

as soon as they arrive and i have figured out a colour scheme they will be fitted, then i can get working on the cat back exhaust system

:D

nice where did you manage to get them from mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

hi martin, i was looking on eBay for the rear bumper spoiler and there were some but these were different colour and would need alot of work etc so i started looking for a "whole" focus s in the same colour as mine and found a zetec s being broken, so i just asked if the bodykit was available, i only wanted the lower parts of the bumper and he wasn't willing to take them off the bumper itself without incurring damage, but he had got a spare set in primer he had wanted to fit but never did,

unfortunately the kit is coming from poland so delivery might take a few weeks

package arrived just short of a week wait,

DSC_0005_zps227b6876.jpg

the front bumper will be sprayed body colour, and the rear bumper will be sprayed body colour for the outside and black for the inside,

unfortunately due to work it wont be fitted until December some time

• Like 1

fitted the front mud flaps today, left the rears off as i didnt know if they would interfere with the rear splitter being fitted in a few weeks,

not sure if they will be staying on yet as im not 100% sold on them tbh,

• Like 1

But you can get custom made ones to fit with the body kit apparently :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news

My bodyshop guy pulled out yesterday had to cancel :( so with work being as busy as hell during this period looks like ill have to store them and do it in the new year

Any tips for storing the bumpers?

Edit:

good news,

the bumpers are being fitted tomorrow then sprayed and then will be bonded on to the car on Wednesday :D

Bad news

My bodyshop guy pulled out yesterday had to cancel :( so with work being as busy as hell during this period looks like ill have to store them and do it in the new year

Any tips for storing the bumpers?

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

Ah that's sucks fella!

Bubble wrap it to the max !

If you have a garage , hang it up through two loops...

Was thinking bubble wrap, dont have garage, is temperature a key factor? I was thinking of putting them in the loft but its cold up there

Was thinking bubble wrap, dont have garage, is temperature a key factor? I was thinking of putting them in the loft but its cold up there

Ermm I would have said that temp isn't an issue as cars would always be outside in this weather anyway but after receiving a spoiler today opening it to find it was completely in half !! Maybe the bitter weather made it brittle ? So it could do but if it's not going to be touched and just laying there I wouldn't have thought Soo?

Will have to wait for more replies on this one I don't want to give wrong advice after my experience today !! ...

Might habe access to a outbuilding that houses a dryer so its fairly warm in there and it has a bench so the bumpers can lie flat or stand up, will wrap them first

• Like 1

You'll want to wrap them and either hang them or lay them out flat where no warping can occur.

If you can get enough cardboard I'd say box them up.

front and rear splitter painted and fitted, the front looks spot on very happy however the rear is slightly wonky so the car is going back and having it corrected this week hopefully

front

DSC06194_zps02c670c3.jpg

DSC06193_zps6294eb39.jpg

rear

DSC06186_zps56ac3ca7.jpg

DSC06185_zpsa25d6cdd.jpg

Like how you went for the black on the rear splitter. Can't wait to see some close up pictures of it fitted properly. Always loved how that Zetec S bodykit looks on the Focus. One day, one day I will get my hands on it ;)

Nicely done :)

Thanks hassen, I took inspiration from lennys focus he has the same colour and I thought the black was the best colour

Im really pleased with them my first major appearance mod

Lenny's car is great for inspiration and the guides are really well thought out. If ever I get some spare money lying around, I might get round to getting the Zetec S bodykit fitted. My plan was to get the rear diffuser in dark grey as my car is black :)

What's next on your list of mods?

ah yes sounds like a good idea, will look nice

im going try tackle some of the smaller stuff, for example air filter, bonnet struts also attempt the coolant pipe change to samco coloured hoses

also need to finish the dual reverse light mod aswell

• 2 weeks later...

Some bad news travelling back from Ashby De la zouch heard a stone hit the window couldnt see any damage so left it further down the a50 another hit this time the first chip then cracked and was spreading across the window

New heated windscreen being fitted on Thursday

Posted Image