Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vinnie's Project Log

vince_13

ouch! jesus mate thats bad. that nearly happened to me not long ago but luckily got the chip repaired before it cracked

do you have windscreen cover?

Its a big 1 alright bout 8-10inches long lol Yh thankfully

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

how much excess have you gotta pay? think my replacement rear screen was 70-80 can't remember which

Yh the same £75

thats not good fella but at least you have windscreen cover so not so bad as having to buy a brand new one yourself

Yh just hope they dont try and swindle me out of a heated screen,

Good news and bad news had a new screen fitted and yes its heated however the guy doing it removed my interior light to bolt the a brown coloured tape and now none of my lights work

The wiring looks in tact so I presume a fuse is blown, not happy, also he decided to leave plenty of smear marks on the window which is not good for driving at night with loads of shadows on ya window

Well thats a wounder mate. What company did it?

Auto windscreens

Yup them who repaired mine. Was told wouldnt be able to notice it n that it be pretty much invisible but if anything its even more noticable now

Glad im not the only 1 Yh my roof lining has dropped a bit due to the spring clip in the centre of the windscreen

There is at least one other connector bolted to the roof ground that the tape from the window connects to. I would check to see if if they have actually put this back

Where is the other connector? the spring clip is clipped to the metal roof and I think holds the tape onto the roof underneath the roof lining

Where is the other connector? the spring clip is clipped to the metal roof and I think holds the tape onto the roof underneath the roof lining

All I can say is on mine there eyelet type connector that bolts onto the roof ground on top on the foil tape ground of the heated screen it comes from the wiring loom in the roof. I took a photo the other night when I was looking for the mic loom for bluetooth and this kind of shows it.

Posted Image

Thats the 1 mine is slap bang in the middle of tge screen

According to him he didnt disconnect anything yet the connectors were loose on the back of the light.... The loom is in and fitted which believes me to think the fuse has gone somehow hmm...

For some reason the Focus is very sensitive to any movement of the courtesy light.

If I have to do anything to mine I always pull the fuse first.

Check fuses 103 and 115.

thanks stoney im going to go take a look now

problem is fixed now, it was fuse 104 10amp that had blown

ive replaced it with another fuse that has an led in it which indicates when the fuse is blown

also had another problem where my car wouldnt lock, turned out to be a connector had come loose on the underside of the fuse box and therefore not making a good connection

there is a securing lock lever that locks in place to hold the connector in this had simply come loose and just needed locking down again

• Like 1

so its now 2014 and time to start ticking some items off my list, (the smaller items that is)

so ive just purchased a green cotton air filter, once that arrives it will be fitted and with the air pipe under the slam panel removed it should make a nice sound and possible a bit better

update time

fitted my new green cotton performance filter, and at the right time as well because when I took the old filter out it was so dirty and bent it definitely needed replacing

DSC_0026_zpsaqrzjlfp.JPG

OLD vs NEW

DSC_0027_zpsya2dtrmz.JPG

DSC_0028_zpsz7hpce42.JPG

in terms of noise, I can hear any difference (although that could be down to the front pipe I removed) and with regards to performance I can definitely feel an increase in throttle response and smoother revs (again could be down to a clean air filter)