Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Would You Do?

Rybla

Hi

I am new to the forum today, but have driven Ford Fiestas for around twenty years now. I've tried a few other makes through the years but have always returned to the Fiesta. I currently have a 2011 Edge in the 1.4 Tdci engine, great mpg at around 60 for me. Miss the higher spec of the zetec and zetec blue that I had before. I saw a 2010 titanium 1.6 Tdci in black at a local garage for £9295 and it's only done 20,000 miles. Spec looks great and car seems in good condition. Then I thought it might be better just going for a brand new titanium in the ecoboost, on options. If I go for the used I would finance using ordinary hp?

Am going to test drive an ecoboost this week.

What would you do???

Thanks!

Roddy

I have heard and read nothing but good things about the new ecoboost engines. So I would think about a lovely new Titanium, but will you keep the car after 3 years? If so then the options may not be the best route?

If i was every to buy a car brand new from them i would go for the Acquire financing plan, as once you have paid in full its yours outright, also if it hasn't been ruined and is looked after properly you may well be able to sell it privately depending on the miles on the clock for only a couple of k less than you brought it for. And with the money go and buy another brand new model, but i wouldn't of thought the 2010 model would disappoint and you may even get that price knocked down a few hundred quid with some well placed words and grunts about a different car at a local competing showroom, salesmen go weak at the knees when they think they have a definite sale, the new Eco boost motors look pretty decent though and i saw a holiday maker down my way in a brand new Zetec S and they look very nice, i dread to think what would happen to me if i see an ST out and about.

How many miles do you do? The ecoboost seems like a great city car engine, but I would still opt for diesel if covering any distance.

Hi, unless you do the mileage then it is ecoboost all the way, much more fun to drive the only question is if you want more performance, then get a 125ps, but the 100ps is more rapid than the figures suggest because of its overboost.

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies! I don't think I would keep a car if I took it out on Options but I've been changing my cars fairly frequently in the last few years so that might be a better move than the HP. However, I'll look into the Ford Acquire financing when I'm in the garage later in the week.

I'm quite torn as I really like my diesel and would like the 1.6 tdci for extra power but as I've changed job recently I have drastically cut my weekly mileage so much that it is almost not worth noting - a 6 mile round trip daily! Therefore the Ecoboost would be the best choice from what I can see. However, I do travel to relatives a few times a year doing a round trip of 600 miles each time up and down the A1. Bottom line is I suspect my usual weekly mileage which is dropping from around 350 to 30 with the odd longer trip with my wife at weekends and on holidays.

I'll let you know how I get on with the test drive!

Cheers,

Roddy

Well the mileage you now do each week in no way requires a diesel powered car, I just wonder how the little ecoboost engine will stand the test of time.

As yet no one knows, of course Ford say they have put it through stringent tests and simulated lots of miles.

My money still goes on bigger traditional engine sizes, as the saying goes 'there's no substitute for cubic inches'

something I still think rings true.

Cheers

Martin