Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Elec Prob

Maddogpro

Ciggy lighter works as a ciggy lighter 100% but when i plug my phone or satnav charger in nothing what am i missing ? Only in the mondeo mind the chargers do work in my brothers car

Hi mate,

sounds to me like there is not enough of a connection around the ciggy lighter and the contacts on the chargers.

Is this the 12v in the boot or the front?

The contacts in a Ford socket tend to be looser than other cars for some reason.

You may have to bend the contacts on your charger a bit for better connectivity.

Jeeb its the front between the seat,s one so would getting a different one or a replacement on be of any use ? ..I didnt even know there was one in the boot 54 tdci ghia estate

most estates tend to have them by default, if not you can always wire one in.

But yea, try other car chargers and plug them in see if the LED lights up, if it doesnt, then check the fuses, but you might find some with a wider spread of the contacts are the ones that work.

• Like 1

i have same problem.youre better off gettin a new socket,as they can be very tempermental to get it plugged in properly,& drawing power :angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club