Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Countdown To Delivery!

b1g_dav3

Seems a lot of peoples cars are facing a delay >.< think some of it depends on your dealer network too.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• b1g_dav3

• Markthechat

• Torchwood

• E5GDM

Dealers told me I should have mine by end of this week......

I heard about paint work problems on bumpers on white cars as an excuse in deliveriy delays and driver assist not being available on certain models as supplier can't supply ford , one plant that makes the s max being barricaded with nothing going in or out of the plant an cars held up until June or later than that ? Ford have serious problems since i brought my previous car 2 years ago as i have never waited this long before !

Similarly i heard of component parts delaying some spec models, shortage of Sony units or mother boards etc etc. I must note though, we cannot just go at the dealers head on about delays, they are after all a franchise and they themselves get their info from Ford!!! What i find astonishing is the number of dealers saying they are at the mercy of the ford delivery service from the time the vehicle enters the country at what ever port to the dealers car park round back.

My dealers have had to just wait, like me! But i will be expecting this add-on and that extra to be.......FOC!!!

This is my first post so go easy!!

I ordered a new White Zetec S on 21st Feb and was told 12th April delivery, then today ive been told delivery is now the 27th April..!!! not happy.

What are Ford playing at?

Welcome yorkiewhite,

Guessing you went for a white one then? No offence but i wish mine had been from 21.2 to 27.4..... Few of us me included, been waiting since june....12. But i was unlucky in the sense that Ford stopped production of the last shape JUST as mine got ordered. But the rest will go down in history as a stain on Fords management of their delivery system...

Dealers will not/can not retrofit anything like that for you.

I'm the only person I know of that can activate/install features like that on the Fiesta, but I've not had a MK7.5 to play with yet.

And there's also the slight issue of getting hold of a cruise control steering wheel - all the ones in scrapyards will have the silver plastic (as opposed to the shiny chrome one now) and light up red instead of blue.

You can still look at my fester Nath....when it gets here! Well i AM going to ask the dealer director to install/activate the cruise feature and lighting for me, and then just buy the shiny chrome V part 'only' with the buttons both sides so that, yes they are in blue!! If not, then i will be in touch for sure!

You can still look at my fester Nath....when it gets here! Well i AM going to ask the dealer director to install/activate the cruise feature and lighting for me, and then just buy the shiny chrome V part 'only' with the buttons both sides so that, yes they are in blue!! If not, then i will be in touch for sure!

The only sell the whole wheel I'm afraid >_>

If it's anything like the MK7 it only comes as the whole steering wheel (you can buy switches separately but not the V piece or cable) which was £134 all in.

£134 for the whole wheel... if thats the case then sod it, i'l just get it and be done with!

£134 for the whole wheel... if thats the case then sod it, i'l just get it and be done with!

May be more with the facelift, due to it being full leather and a thicker wheel.

My Zetec-S in black got delayed a week however my dealer emailed me and said it'd be with me thursday morning as the Privacy glass needs to be fitted on the wednesday and allowed time to dry. Because of this i get a free tank of fuel! Abit happier now :-)

I'm considering getting the privacy glass, £80 at the chap who does it for my local dealer :P

That's a good deal! Where i live it's around £40 per window. You got any pics of your ZS?

Only the ones at the start really so far.

Dealers will not/can not retrofit anything like that for you.

I'm the only person I know of that can activate/install features like that on the Fiesta, but I've not had a MK7.5 to play with yet.

And there's also the slight issue of getting hold of a cruise control steering wheel - all the ones in scrapyards will have the silver plastic (as opposed to the shiny chrome one now) and light up red instead of blue.

many thanks for the reply

Liking your Asian Grill by the way

OH MY GOD!!!!!

My car is at the dealers local holding compound!! They are going to try and get it collected by wednesday clean it off and remove the stickers so i can go look..

Just been told mines at my dealers awaiting PDi & cleaning for a to be confirmed Friday pick up...

OH MY GOD!!!!!

My car is at the dealers local holding compound!! They are going to try and get it collected by wednesday clean it off and remove the stickers so i can go look..

Can i ask what date you put your order in.

Just been told mines at my dealers awaiting PDi & cleaning for a to be confirmed Friday pick up...

Can i ask on what date did you put your order in. I'm still waiting and being told April 27th!!!

Similarly i heard of component parts delaying some spec models, shortage of Sony units or mother boards etc etc. I must note though, we cannot just go at the dealers head on about delays, they are after all a franchise and they themselves get their info from Ford!!! What i find astonishing is the number of dealers saying they are at the mercy of the ford delivery service from the time the vehicle enters the country at what ever port to the dealers car park round back.

My dealers have had to just wait, like me! But i will be expecting this add-on and that extra to be.......FOC!!!

I finally got my st2 late yesterday so after just over 10 weeks waiting with 3 odd weeks of that being stuck at dagtops i have the keys :) the dealer was getting sick of me moaning the last week or so as i constantly phoned an kept popping in to get updates ! What made it worse was there delivery holding compund was 20 miles away so it arrived there last thursday and i didn't want it driven to there dealership so had to wait a further 4 days for it to transported , it now been on 2 transporters so its already well travelled . They didn't even get chance to clean it properly with me wanting to take delivery so it is abit dusty on the dash an covered in tyre shine all over the white paint work and my wheels an red brake calipers plus looking at it closely today i found i already have a stone chip on the bonnet near the nearside headlight which is gutting after waiting so long but i can honestly say it was worth the wait wen i drove it lastnight as its goes like stink after having a little play with a mk1 focus rs and induction roar gets the hairs on your the back of ya neck standing up , not getting good mpg thou yet as only doing about 23/24 having only done 80 miles in it : )

Can i ask on what date did you put your order in. I'm still waiting and being told April 27th!!!

Approx 6 weeks ago.

I've checked the spec of the car I hopefully pick up Friday on the Ford Etis site. In the list it states amongst other things-

Ambient Lighting-Interior, &

Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads.

I'm sure I read on this forum somewhere that the Zetec S DIDN'T have 'ambient lighting or sports pedals, so that's a bit weird.

Worryingly though it also says-

Less bluetooth......

Ambient lighting in the Zetec S is cup holder only, and people's were coming without the pedals but should have been fitted with them. Not a clue on the bluetooth.

mine says less bluetooth when i look up my car on etis but its in my car and working :)

My St2 has ambient lighting around the cup holder and a strip across the glovebox which i did not expect to have fitted and also wasn't expecting it to have an adjustment to dim the instrument dials as thought that was only on titanium models and zetecs plus also got map reading lights which weren't on my 59 or 11 plate zetec S cars previous so ford seem to have spec'd up the sportier models of late .