Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch master cylinder

dezwez

clutch master cylinder just changed one on a 1.8 ford focus est 52 reg

say in haynes manual start by removeing the steering column

well you dont have to

i found that if you remove the securing bolt from the sleeve

which joins the lower part of the steering column to the steering rack

it slip out and pushs up out the way i put a paint mark on it with wheels in a strate line save a lot of time messing about with the column

just thought i post to save you time dez ;) ;)

i think thats what i done when i changed my master cylinder, but i think i locked the steering wheel and removed the key before i took the bolt out.

Perfect timing for your post, mine is leaking on the return stroke and will need to be done next week. Thanks for the info.

i think thats what i done when i changed my master cylinder, but i think i locked the steering wheel and removed the key before i took the bolt out.

good point forgot to say that

Hi

you guys seem to know about clutches, i have a 1.8 focus ghia, its a 51 plate.

The clutch peddle workes normally and i cannot hear any problems but it is quite often being really light to put to the floor, its like pushing a feather down and then it will go back to normal. Its only intermittend so the garrages cant 'fix it'

I also found a small amount of yellow/green oil under the car near the gearbox i suppose.. could this have anything to do with it?

Any help is really appreciated... Thanks

Hi

The clutch peddle workes normally and i cannot hear any problems but it is quite often being really light to put to the floor, its like pushing a feather down and then it will go back to normal. Its only intermittend so the garrages cant 'fix it'

I also found a small amount of yellow/green oil under the car near the gearbox i suppose.. could this have anything to do with it?

its hydraulic clutch so if its working ;) ok then best left alone

Hi

the yellow/green fluid you describe sounds to me like gearbox oil. clutch fluid is more yellow/orange.

is the brake fluid level dropping? the clutch uses the same resevoir as the brakes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club