Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will I Get Decent Results From Just Changing Speakers?

xFiestaLoverx

I have a fiesta mk6.5 and the Speakers are crap, distortion galore, if I keep the HU and just change the Speakers to something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-5x7-Ford-Fiesta-Mk6-6-5-Fit-Car-Speakers-150W-Pair-/270846575249?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6869925841239123576%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D270846575249%26

Will it make much difference?]

Also the spec says:

Minimum Input: 35 w RMS

Does that mean this wont work on my 57 plate mk6.5? I have no idea what the amp is on the stock HU

I am not sure what Speakers the New car takes, have been wondering as well. I believe they are 6 or 6.5" Speakers though not sure. If you get a half decent pair then they will make a difference. Which model of the new car do you have? I have the Zetec S and have to say I think the quality is actually pretty good for standard fit Speakers. I am still debating whether to change them or not. I had good quality Pioneer ones in my last car and it definately made a huge difference but they weren't that good to start with.

I am not sure what speakers the New car takes, have been wondering as well. I believe they are 6 or 6.5" speakers though not sure. If you get a half decent pair then they will make a difference. Which model of the new car do you have? I have the Zetec S and have to say I think the quality is actually pretty good for standard fit speakers. I am still debating whether to change them or not. I had good quality Pioneer ones in my last car and it definately made a huge difference but they weren't that good to start with.

Does that mean this wont work on my 57 plate mk6.5? I have no idea what the amp is on the stock HU

Good speakers with a mediocre stereo will give far more benefit than a good stereo with rubbish speakers.

Those speakers you listed should work just fine.

Okay good stuff, i see that halfods fit HU's, but I dont want a DIY looking thing sticking out of my dash, it will NEED to be a flush double din.

Ill do a little research on those Speakers, thanks.

Good speakers with a mediocre stereo will give far more benefit than a good stereo with rubbish speakers.

Those speakers you listed should work just fine.

They will work fine but they are way better and more expensive that needed.

They will work fine but they are way better and more expensive that needed.

Any suggestions? I'm all for advice :D

I have a fiesta mk6.5 and the speakers are crap, distortion galore, if I keep the HU and just change the speakers to something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-5x7-Ford-Fiesta-Mk6-6-5-Fit-Car-Speakers-150W-Pair-/270846575249?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6869925841239123576%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D270846575249%26

Will it make much difference?]

Also the spec says:

Minimum Input: 35 w RMS

My old car had 40 W rms and were 7x5 Alpine Speakers. They were not all bass, as i am too old for that crap. But the sound was clear and crisp, so you can add the volume a bit more. Any kind of separates will do the job, never heard of 'vibe' other then what was in my local A1 motor store! Back in the day it was all Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood and Sony.. Then again Ford use Pioneer now and they are good, if a little to much bass like Sony's were.

Get them, at £40 they must be good. Put some of that stick on vibration mat behind the speaker on the bodywork,get as much as you can afford. It does the trick and improves things a lot.!

I think I am getting this and another thread mixed up lol. I'm not really sure what the fiesta has as standard but the ones on your eBay listing look oval, I would have imagined the fiestas would be round, though I may be wrong.

I'd say something about the £50 - £100 mark would be a decent upgrade without spending silly money.

The common oval speaker was a 6x9, and the Festers have the smaller version in the front! Or they did!! 7x5's... You got me thinking too now, think the rears are round due to the small door panel.?!

I personally got a subwoofer installed (mk7.5) and it has changed the full thing pretty drastically.
I just got a cheap sub and amp (£40 for a second hand mutant xtreme) and got it all wired up (ended up costing £220 to get it wired, was originally quoted £120 but it took them longer than expected)

the fitting cost included:
High level adapter (to use the OEM radio)
4 Gauge wires so I can upgrade in the future.
and time.

It makes all the car sound crazy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club