Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Brought A Couple Of Things :)

Preee

Brought a couple of things to keep me busy this week end

post-22424-0-12838800-1365715324_thumb.j

Dual DVR camera for the car with 32gb car , cost me £50 from the Gadget show , tested it on the way home , with just the one camera.

Out put video was clear although not perfect on high setting , wuth image breakup , so i'm on the fence with this one at the moment as i have ordered a better Sd card , a the one supplied was only a class 4 which i'm hoping was the problem as maybe it could not write fast enough , so i have a 32gb Class 10 on the way so i will report back if that is any better , if it is i will then fit both cameras to the car.

Also brought a Bluettooth ELM327 adapter that was £8.99 Off eBay and has taken over a week to arrive so won't be prmoting the seller. also it have the Torque Pro App ready to try .

Again i will up load more information when i try this out properly.

• Like 1

did you see the chick that presents the show? Pollyana Woodward (hottie)

i wanted to go and even bought tickets but couldnt go so i sold the tickets.

you will love the torque app once you have had a play with what it can do!

• Like 1

Id like to kiss her on da lips lmao

Looks good preee mate

Look forward to hearing more about the torque app

That looks a lot like the F70. There are reports of them not taking too well to high capacity cards. In fact, over on the Fiat Forum, the general consensus is that an 8gb class 4 out performs the 32gb class 10 cards.

Lenny: which lips? ;-)

Torque pro is legendary :p for a cheap piece of software though you get a hell of a lot from it!!

Thats what I like about android play, decent and excellent products at reasonable prices, unlike for PC's...

My 32gb Class 10 Transend arrived today , well out performs the 32gb no brand name that i had with the Camera.

When i get chance i will upload a clip.

Positioned the rear camera top center , but has picked up a shadow from the spoiler lol , ah well i will have to move that one , not fully wired the power supply in yet.

Video is average i would say , it's clear enough but would not say its any where near HD , it does pixelate a little , but picture's are not too bad considering it's recording two feeds at once , lets say i'm not dissappointed to the extent where i would run it down but would say 7 out of 10 considering it's price. It may get better if i just used the front camera. It does what i need t to do and can easily read number plates front and rear although the rear view is 720 compared to 1280 front. , but i would say , it's real capture on both cameras recording is 720 front and VGA rear, but like i said it's Ok.

There is a large difference with the cards though that is for sure , videos do not break up or freeze with the Transend class 10

------------------------------------------------

Torque Pro

Connected straight away with the bluetooth ELM327 , and does everything it says on the Tin :) , works perfectly there is zero lag and every gauge that i chosse to use or try gave a reading.

When i say everything , i mean everything that the Focus will pick up , there are many displays on there that give no readings at all and many that i would not have a clue about haha.

When selecting what gauges you want to try , while connected the list displays which are functional and working so it's easy to select which ones take a reading , only one i would have liked that does not work with mine was oil temp , there are many different types of displays you can choose from and dozens of skins and colours.

It also has GPS tracking , trip tracking , Sports tracking 0-60 etc speed testing , Live recording of journey with map overlay , which you can also have gauges overlaid , Fault code reading

Well impressed with it.

So all in all happy with the Torque Pro and the Camera. :)

All i have to do now is wire the camera power feed in properly to ignition on/off , a possible Mod i might do is remove the front camera from the unit and place it next to the front facing sensors in my front screen and then place it in the glove box and no one will ever know its there.

i wanted to go and even bought tickets but couldnt go so i sold the tickets.

you will love the torque app once you have had a play with what it can do!

Oh yes i saw Polly :) , she ran passed me about 2 feet away , i did try and trip her up haha (joking) , wow i would certainly allow her on my back seat :)

gadget show was very good , although not a great deal of small gadgets to buy , it was mostly over the top high tech that you would need a lottery win to buy.

I did get to have a play with a Samsung galaxy S4 , very nice indeed. I handed the girl my S3 back , she said No no i don't think so Sir haha

Here are the two videos , don't ask me why but they seem jerky on Ytube when they play perfect on off PC , maybe because i uploaded them as .mov original file

Front

Rear

ive got the same camera,and was advised about making sure you used a class 10 card,was also told it was 1 of the better cams on the market for the price.

got my 32gb sand disk from amazon for 18 quid delivered.

ive got the same camera,and was advised about making sure you used a class 10 card,was also told it was 1 of the better cams on the market for the price.

got my 32gb sand disk from amazon for 18 quid delivered.

Without one to compare it too , i think it's pretty good really , and does what i need it too, i do know that the 32gb class 4 card i had with the camera sucked big time.

Both myself & jimrex have dash cams of that design - mine also has the optional plug in GPS to track speed, direction, coordinates etc.

Indeed!

Fairly impressed with mine, though it does freeze the video sometimes on playback so you kind of 'jump' up the road, and the instruction manual is worse than useless! Just put it down to Chinese quirkiness/cheapness :P

For £50 odd quid, might just save a lot of hassle if you have a shunt or witness one!

Both myself & jimrex have dash cams of that design - mine also has the optional plug in GPS to track speed, direction, coordinates etc.

GPS would be a good additive to the camera

Indeed!

Fairly impressed with mine, though it does freeze the video sometimes on playback so you kind of 'jump' up the road, and the instruction manual is worse than useless! Just put it down to Chinese quirkiness/cheapness :P

For £50 odd quid, might just save a lot of hassle if you have a shunt or witness one!

Yes for the price of the camera it's good to know , downside i have found to mine is the LED's on the camera are far too bright at night so i will find something to dim them down a little , the rear camera on a night drive is not great but would be good enough if some one was to rear end me the car

Yes for the price of the camera it's good to know , downside i have found to mine is the LED's on the camera are far too bright at night so i will find something to dim them down a little , the rear camera on a night drive is not great but would be good enough if some one was to rear end me the car

I find that as well, but mine is on the passenger side of the rear view mirror and sits up high in the shaded bit behind the mirror so I don't notice it that much. Also need to wire mine in properly as plugging into the cig lighter every time is annoying!

I have this cam too. On my second one actually. First one failed after a week and this ones just arrived so hopefully it'll last longer.

Impressed with it though in comparison to the other 3 dash cams we've experienced

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the OP for this thread. I was not aware of Polly until now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club