Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Light Cluster Help?

harri95

So i bought some new lexus style rear light clusters for my mk6 fiesta , the clusters themselves fit perfectly and look really nice but the connector cable from my car is different to the one on the cluster? (pictures below) anyone know where i can source some sort of conversion cable (if they exist) if not they will have to be sent back and ill have to look again! :(

The first photo with the red in the background is the one coming from the car and the other is the one on the cluster.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

harri95

post-42476-0-86335200-1365800399_thumb.j

post-42476-0-79470400-1365800405_thumb.j

I don't think you will find a crossover , only option i could think of would be to go to a scrap yard and cut some connections off some rear lights and then with a tester remove the connector from the new lights and solder and shrink wrap the new connector onto the lights.

I don't think you will find a crossover , only option i could think of would be to go to a scrap yard and cut some connections off some rear lights and then with a tester remove the connector from the new lights and solder and shrink wrap the new connector onto the lights.

Yes exactly what i was thinking but to be honest (me being lazy) i cannot be bothered with re wiring! Does some know a link for lexus light for a ford fiesta B256/7 (which according to Halfords systems is my mark and series?) Really starting annoy me cos these light look so much better than stock.

The reason the plugs is different is because the Lexus lights you have are designed for the prefacelift model of the mk6. This means if you do fit them you will lose a reverse light oneside and a foglight the other side. From someone thats went from the prefacelift brakelights to the Lexus brake lights to the facelift brake lights, personally the lights you have already got are by far the best/nicest looking ones available :)

My fiesta is the mk6(pre-facelift) and yours is the mk6.5(facelift) and to my knowledge there is no after market brakelights for the mk6.5. The difference between the brakelights is on your car you've got twin reverse and twin fog lights and on mine youve got a reverse light one side and a fog light the other :) why not sell the lights on and invest in some after market headlights? Theres loads out there which look much better than stock and any mk6 headlights will fit as they're the same

My fiesta is the mk6(pre-facelift) and yours is the mk6.5(facelift) and to my knowledge there is no after market brakelights for the mk6.5. The difference between the brakelights is on your car you've got twin reverse and twin fog lights and on mine youve got a reverse light one side and a fog light the other :) why not sell the lights on and invest in some after market headlights? Theres loads out there which look much better than stock and any mk6 headlights will fit as they're the same

Yeah i'm sending the lights back and getting a refund. I've seen two clusters on madmotors that i think will fit, i have emailed them but havn't had a reply as of yet? could you have a look at them and tell me if they will fit? and yes been look at some really nice front clusters they are about £250 for the pair which i dont thinks too bad but i would like to have the rear too as im going for black and red theme on my car?

Heres the links:

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/ultra-ford-fiesta-mk6-black-lexus-rear-lights.html

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/e-racing-ford-fiesta-mk6-black-rear-lights.html

Thanks again mate.

Sorry mate but both those links are for brakelights for the pre-facelift model still even though the first one say 06-08. If you look at the picture on the first link (you can only see the right hand cluster) but its got a reflector at the top of the lights, the brake light socket, a clear indicator bulb socket and a fog socket. On the second link you can actually see that the two light clusters sre different. Like I say you're car at the moment has twin reverse lights and twin fog lights which is why the plugs are different. Realy worth losing the extra lights? Why dont you just modify your stock brakelights? You can get something called fly eye film(?) im pretty surr its called that that makes you're brakelights look black but allows light from the bulbs to pass through so you can still see all your brake lights etc. Plus its legal.

Post me a link to the headlights you're looking at and ill have a look to see if I can get them any cheaper for you ( ive spent hours and hours looking for various different headlights lol)

Ahhhh tbh it's so annoying cos i love the look them type of lights, and i think it would complete the look! but i like the sound of these fly eye film? They arn't like tights at all are they? cos not a fan! and i was looking at something on the lines of this:

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/trupart-ford-fiesta-mk6-02-08-black-drl-r8-headlights.html

Havn't done a great deal of searching though!

These are slightly different but still look decent and are cheaper http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009EPWFN2

Same ones you posted but cheaper - http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=300652135753&siteId=3&isClassified=false

• Like 1

post-37948-0-38175100-1366066638_thumb.j

You can see the fly eyes on the left hand light :) and no its not tights lol

Tbh i think ill have to go with the ones on the second link as they look proper smart , and 190 isnt a bad prices. And as far as the fly eyes look real smart links on these also? haha

Edit:

also on a side note is that red and black badge a stick on overlay or an actual new badge, been looking for a none stick on for ages...

Ive never fitted fly eyes so im not too sure. Its a kit you buy like a film that you fit over your existing lights, im sure you can get them all different colours but obv you're wanting black. Do a Google search :)

Thanks for all the info mate been real helpful, still don't get why they don't make any lexus style rear lights for the face lift models....

No idea mate but honestly I went through loads of lights. Ive got the 5 door prefacelift model and most of the after market brakelights are made for the 3Dr version so it took me absolutely ages to find a set for mine and I never once came across after markets for the facelift model

Yeah tbh its really annoying, but im sure ill find some sort of alternative for the rear lights.... haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club