Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk3 Steel Rims To Alloy's

Mrmark941

Hey!

So I've picked the alloys up which I was speaking about in this topic (http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42177-mk3-fiesta-to-xr3i-conversion/#entry248226)

And they look like this! post-36107-0-71443900-1365881374_thumb.p

They are mint! £50 for all five!

Basically I'm ready to stick these on on my Fiesta BUT they didn't come with any nuts... I know that I'm going to need some as alloys are a completely different ballpark than Steel wheels so I didn't know where to get them from.

I found these online ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-ALLOY-WHEEL-BOLTS-LOCKS-FOR-FORD-FIESTA-MK2-MK3-1983-95-LUG-NUTS-H8-/321002978526?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&fits=Model%3AFiesta%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item4abd44bcde) And obviously these have the locking nuts which makes it that little bit more secure, but would these be the correct ones?

I probably sound like a right novice at the moment but before I buy these I wanted to check. I've got all the equipment up the garage I work aswell as the ramps but before I can even think about putting these on (apart from telling my insurance obviously) I need to get some proper wheel nuts.

Any ideas would be appreciated! :)

Cheers, MArk

Hi Mark,

Excellent find on the wheels mate and those bolts look spot on.

You could also put some "copper grease" on the face of the hubs to help prevent the alloy sticking to the hub,

Most car suppliers sell it in tooth paste style tubes and its called copper grease,

Also from a cleaning perspective

Since those wheels will be very hard to clean I recommend waxing them with C5 to protect them from gripping dirt in the first place.

See youtube for video results, worth every penny

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290846950818?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

You could also put some "copper grease" on the face of the hubs to help prevent the alloy sticking to the hub,

Most car suppliers sell it in tooth paste style tubes and its called copper grease,

Also from a cleaning perspective

Since those wheels will be very hard to clean I recommend waxing them with C5 to protect them from gripping dirt in the first place.

See youtube for video results, worth every penny

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290846950818?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Cheers mate, picked them up from Tewkesbury today (two hours drive from Southampton!) and was well worth it!

All in mint condition and for £10 a wheel I personally cannot argue! We have copper grease in the garage in a tub! Plenty of the stuff :)

That's a good point actually Lenny, although it's pretty expensive for 15ml worth of solution it says it would do a set of four 18-20' alloys and the ones purchased are 14". But I think i £25 / 4 = £6.25 a wheel with solution in theory left over, and that's a small price to pay for something which will help so much. Cheers for that.

You reckon those nuts will be the ones to get then? I didn't want to purchase them and then not fit. Cannot wait to get these on my car though, Going to make it look that little bit better without spending lots. Don't need to lower her, just going for the 'classic' Fiesta/XR3i look :D

Hi Mark,

I don't know if these bolts are correct, do I just need nuts or will I need the bolts? Do you know by any chance how it looks if I just need nuts or if I need full bolts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club