Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want To Change My Cd6000 To This Dvd/sat Nav Unit

thecarpman

i have the cd6000 unit in my focus and want to fit the dvd/sat nav unit i bought from eBay but am unsure how easy it will be to just take old out and fit new DO I NEED EXTRA WIRES never changed a stereo before and cant find anything on youtube to help me not even sure what wires come with the new boxed unitpost-42689-0-07085900-1365891562_thumb.jpost-42689-0-07085900-1365891562_thumb.jpost-42689-0-41373800-1365891670_thumb.j

The radio will be a straight swap for your existing one.

I'm assuming this one is like yours? -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-System-for-FORD-Mondeo-FOCUS-C-MAX-S-MAX-KUGA-GALAXY-/230888938022?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35c20d9a26

It appears to come with all relevant loom adaptor cables, whether it has the adaptor module for the steering control switches I can't be sure but the eBay listing does show one piece that looks like it may be.

Edited by Stoney871
amended information

thats the 1 im also going to get the reverse camera

The reverse camera is more of a faff to fit as it needs connecting to the reverse light loom but doable as long as you have patience and follow instructions well.

For DVD playback you will also need to splice into the handbrake sensor cable so as to allow video playback as it's designed to stop the DVD when the vehicle is in motion unless you rig the cable.

• 2 weeks later...

on my way to meet the man who has my dvd sat nav to get it fitted i hope all goes well will post back later with my opinion im sure im gonna be over the moon

• 1 month later...

I signed up to this forum for same reason although the head unit I want is slightly different, it has TV. Any update as to whether you like it or not would be great!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club