Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0 Tddi Smoking

gixer103

Hi,

i am new to this forum so would like to say Hello

Can someone please help me i have a 51 plate 2.0 TDdi estate thats starts ok but when it gets warm a you drive it over 1500 rpm it starts to splutter and poors white & blake smoke out and runs really ruff

it will then eventualy cuts out & then is a pig to start,

if you let it cool doiwn it will start & run all ok.

The mileage is 161,000 & the turbo seems all ok

Thank you in advance.

It might be worth checking the air hoses from the turbo all the way round to the inlet manifold for splits in them and also take the egr off and see if needs cleaning.

Hi Stooge

No EML light showing

you need to examine every pipe/hose,also vacuum pipes to egr for holes/splits as said above.

most of the time,when ive had a split pipe,you can hear the woosh of air escaping,when flooring her. Maybe even get the car up on a ramp,or jack it up(axle stands obviously),get under it & get someone to rev,while you listen for air escaping.Pay attention to pipes leading to EGR valve,underneath at sides of intercooler hoses,along seams,edges etc.as in my other post,I had my MAP(not maf)sensor missing a securing screw,which made 1 side have a gap of about half a millimeter while turbo was boosting,but was enough to lose me about 25% boost. The noise of escaping air is unmistakable.Ive always heard mines while giving it a bit of welly, with window rolled right down.

Thank you for allthe help guys.

It was a turbo/inter pipe there was a 1" split in it also the inlet manifold was leaking.

if you go on eBay there are silicone hoses for less than the price of fords rubber ones.

these hoses are scandalously expensive. If I could help it,I'd goto a local scrappy,or breakers,or even look for a mondeo that was being broke for spares before Id consider paying £40 to £100 for a replacement one. I feel it just gives em the right to hike up the prices even more when we buy em at these ridiculous prices. bet each hose costs less than a pound to make as well.

If you go to the scrappers or second hand, you are buying a hose that may be already at the point of spliting, so it will end up costing you more after you have gone through 3 or 4 of them.

Buying a new rubber hose is definitely ridiculous as they are about £80 from frauds and is likely to split at some point in the future too, but buying the silicone ones cost under £40 and will last the lifetime of the car. Prices of silicone hoses are dropping quickly rather than being hiked up.

for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-TDCi-2-0-2-2-MK3-INTERCOOLER-EGR-SILICONE-HOSE-TURBO-BOOST-PIPE-TDDi-/290738065885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AMondeo&hash=item43b156d1dd

my boost hose cost me £3. was like new(was also a blue silicone hose with the steel rings). all depends on how much doe ya have i suppose,& how much ya think is expensive.

i do agree with ya though.If i could,i would buy new every time.

i might have a look & see if I can get a batch of hoses for mk3's as they do go,quite a lot on here,from what i see.

my boost hose cost me £3. was like new(was also a blue silicone hose with the steel rings). all depends on how much doe ya have i suppose,& how much ya think is expensive.

i do agree with ya though.If i could,i would buy new every time.

i might have a look & see if I can get a batch of hoses for mk3's as they do go,quite a lot on here,from what i see.

good do with it being silicone, unfortunately not many in the scrappers will have silicone fitted.

theres a few sets on eBay, they are doing 5 speed as well as the 6 speed ones now. I alreayd have a silicone egr hose on mine so not sure whether to buy the whole set or just stick with what i have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club