Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Pumaspeed are on 165bhp with standard engine internals.

not sure i like the sound of that :/ going that high would surly require supporting mods to keep everything smooth and drivable

Keep following the remaining instructions then your done.

And how is the car now that you've remapped it? :) I'm eagerly waiting for a nice review of the Bluefin with "our" car

And how is the car now that you've remapped it?  :)  I'm eagerly waiting for a nice review of the Bluefin with "our" car

Ha ha well you'll have to wait till I've finished work :p

I'm expecting nothing less than an in depth review,lol

So here's my mini review. ...

Carrying on from Dominic and Marks comments. The results are amazing.

You sit at the wheel and think, I wonder if the £300 odd quid is going to be worth it for the extra bhp. I'm trying to convince myself it is but it's not working.

I'm just pottering along at 30 mph as I drive through town and start to notice a that there seem more torque in 3rd, the car seems happier now in 3rd instead of feeling like it wanted to stall before.

I'm now getting to the best part of my journey where I have to join the A27 (Chichester) and get the chance to put the car through it's paces. I exit the roundabout in 2nd and give it the beans. !Removed! hell! I shout, grabbing hold of the steering wheel as the car tries to torque steer across the road. What the hell was that i shout! The boost is amazing. I change to 3rd with similar results. 4th and 5th also produce similar results with slightly less aggression.

Part of my journey take me over some steep gradients and in the past 5th has struggled to keep the car at 70mph but not today, the car was quite happy to keep going. This is where i discover the map needs a bit of tweaking when cruise control is active.

This carries on all the way home with a massive smile on my face :) and decide it's a brilliant improvement on an already brilliant car.

So there you have it. Thank you Superchips for a brilliant product.

• Like 1

Willy, thanks for the review. An addition to my mini review: fuel consumption is really much improved. Certainly one liter less per 100km on the same route at the same speed.

Because of the extra torque i now can easy take corners in thirth gear where before i had to go back to second gear.

Still have some issues at around 2900rpm with a sort of turbolag. I feel a little shake (not always, often at full throttle in 2 or 5 when the engine is on temperature) at 2900rpm. I think it's worth every penny. The mapping still needs some little tweaks to make it more smooth.

not sure i like the sound of that :/ going that high would surly require supporting mods to keep everything smooth and drivable

They're running intake, exhaust and ECU modification and hitting 165, after that the rods give out, which can be replaced.

Based on 98RON fuel, so easy to achieve in the UK. I'm considering doing an Ecoboost project in a Mini, hoping for 200bhp out of the thing :P

Sounds awesome! Wish I didn't have so many bills these next few months so I could get one now!

I expected the performance to feel better than the modest increase in peak power figures would suggest, as the turbo already starts to run out of steam in the higher rpm, so the biggest performance increases will mostly be in the lower rpms, which don't show on peak hp numbers.

Sounds awesome! Wish I didn't have so many bills these next few months so I could get one now!

I expected the performance to feel better than the modest increase in peak power figures would suggest, as the turbo already starts to run out of steam in the higher rpm, so the biggest performance increases will mostly be in the lower rpms, which don't show on peak hp numbers.

Nope - its more power/ torque all the way through -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/10%20EcoBoost%20125PS.pdf

Great review Willy, you've made up my mind I shall be getting this now :) I haven't done any performance mods on mine, will it be okay with this upgrade or do you guys recommend other things at the same time?

• Like 1

The map as it is was made for stock so no upgrades needed :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

This is where i discover the map needs a bit of tweaking when cruise control is active.

Could you please explain that, I don't fully get that sentence..?

Nope - its more power/ torque all the way through -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/10 EcoBoost 125PS.pdf

I didn't say it wasn't, but if you look at the two graphs, the biggest gap between the before and after lines is on the torque curve between 2000 and 3000rpm. Therefore I imagine the biggest difference in driving experience will be in that rpm range. And that's not even taking into account the 145hp quoted on the graph is 7hp more than people seem to be getting at the moment. Probably because they have just used the graph from the focus...

Sorry guy's but no info on the group buy. Rang SuperChips and was told that there is a discount already applied.

Dominic: When does this seasonal offer expire? My Fiesta has only about 450km under the hood so it's a bit early to remap it but I would surely like to get the seasonal offer.

Could you please explain that, I don't fully get that sentence..?

No worries mate.

There is a problem with the cruise control and the map but would rather not share it here. I'll be feeding back my thoughts to SuperChips today and I'm sure the map will be reworked.

I use cruise control quite a lot, think i will be holding off until the issue is resolved.

• Like 1

I use cruise control quite a lot, think i will be holding off until the issue is resolved.

Same goes for me - especially as I don't know what the problem is

Don't let the cruise control issue put you off guys. I'm sure it will be sorted soon.

I'd rather not post my finding here but are more than willing to answer any questions via a PM.

Please keep us posted on the cruise control issue, I really would like to see it solved before buying :)

Please keep us posted on the cruise control issue, I really would like to see it solved before buying :)

will do :)

I have no cruise controle issues on the 100bhp version :)

And you've also remapped with the Bluefin?

Yes :)
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club