Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

I would definitely recommend running the engine in, personally I wouldn't know what kind of mileage you would be looking. From what I've seen it's a good thousand miles or so. Mines the first bunch a 62plate reg in December and done 7.7k miles

Just run the car in as per the ford recommendations with the bluefin and be sensible for 1000 miles. Very your speed for that period. Don't put strain on the engine by under revving it.

I had mine back in late Dec/jan last year on the 62 plate and I would say it felt fully ran in after the 1500miles mark. It's now done 12500, how time flies.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Guys but just to be clear - if I got my bluefin for 125bhp Fiesta on monday, do I have +16bhp or +31bhp (and I DO NOT need an update)? :>

How did you guys run in your cars? Full throttle is okay once in a while? (no rev limit bouncing though). I wouldn't be able to drive the car without pushing it a bit the first thousand miles.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Guys but just to be clear - if I got my bluefin for 125bhp Fiesta on monday, do I have +16bhp or +31bhp (and I DO NOT need an update)? :>

You get the new map :)

How did you guys run in your cars? Full throttle is okay once in a while? (no rev limit bouncing though). I wouldn't be able to drive the car without pushing it a bit the first thousand miles.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Exactly :)

No red lining though ;)

You get the new map :)

As I understand @Jordanch got his remap/tune map yesterday, I`ve remaped my Fiesta on monday (03.02), so there is no way I could get +31 bhp :(

As I understand @Jordanch got his remap/tune map yesterday, I`ve remaped my Fiesta on monday (03.02), so there is no way I could get +31 bhp :(

Just get onto superchips and request the improved map.

Its for free and standard procedure? :-) Any email adress you can provide to send them a message?

Its for free and standard procedure? :-) Any email adress you can provide to send them a message?

bluefin@superchips.co.uk

Make sure you add your handset number.

Willy, you should be on the payroll at Superchips, lol

• Like 2

Not that it really matters as it's only a few hp difference, but the 31hp increase is not in max hp. It's 31hp increase at 4700rpm and is the biggest difference between the two curves, old and new. The max power on that particular car goes from 127hp to 151hp which is +24hp increase. At 4700rpm it probably goes from around 109hp to 140hp, which is where the 31 comes from.

At 127hp that car was probably run-in in a way that made it slightly more powerful than your average standard 1.0 ecoboost, which means 123hp cars might not even break the 150hp Mark with the same map. Still, the difference in perceived power will be the same.

To the guy asking about running in your car, I reckon whosever the 127hp car was (Jordan?) would have been giving his car full throttle and highish revs from new, as this is thought to produce free-er revving slightly more powerful engines.

Not that it really matters as it's only a few hp difference, but the 31hp increase is not in max hp. It's 31hp increase at 4700rpm and is the biggest difference between the two curves, old and new. The max power on that particular car goes from 127hp to 151hp which is +24hp increase. At 4700rpm it probably goes from around 109hp to 140hp, which is where the 31 comes from.

At 127hp that car was probably run-in in a way that made it slightly more powerful than your average standard 1.0 ecoboost, which means 123hp cars might not even break the 150hp Mark with the same map. Still, the difference in perceived power will be the same.

To the guy asking about running in your car, I reckon whosever the 127hp car was (Jordan?) would have been giving his car full throttle and highish revs from new, as this is thought to produce free-er revving slightly more powerful engines.

Although my car shows 127hp in the powercurve. You will also find the powercurve for the 100ps max at the beginning on the superchips website is 112bhp and his car wasn't modified either and is the 100ps model. If were to be honest I'm not entirely sure why it states my car max power was 127bhp original, but if you look at the focus ecoboost as well you will find this is also the case.

Could be the Dyno reading wrong,

I guess from dyno to dyno it would change the reading just the fact they are different ages and manufacturer I guess but next payday I was looking at doing a rolling road session near me. It's 30 quid for the 30 mins so not sure how expensive or cheap that is but I want to see our of curiosity if anything what my car produces.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

That's not bad, would be interesting to get 2 or more identical cars on the same dyno and see what's what.

I guess from dyno to dyno it would change the reading just the fact they are different ages and manufacturer I guess but next payday I was looking at doing a rolling road session near me. It's 30 quid for the 30 mins so not sure how expensive or cheap that is but I want to see our of curiosity if anything what my car produces. Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Your car would have had a dyno run at superchips, ask them and they should be able to send you the video for confirmation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606125212769123&set=vb.199528933428755&type=2&theater

has anybody that has theirs remapped tried dynolicious on IOS or ulysse speedometer on android to log 0-60 times. same goes for any standard cars?

I haven't tried that, I looked at the app and it's over £5? I would definitely say the 0-60 is under 8 seconds, the difference is just remarkable.

ulysse on android has a free version, will try it on the wifes fiesta before i remap, it was fairly accurate on my mondeo

Well, I went back to stock yesterday in preparation for the new map today and couldn't believe how slow it was.

2nd and 3rd are the best gears with the new map :) the acceleration is awesome.

Hi Willy I just got my updated map do I have to back to stock first before it will let me down load.

Thanks Colin