Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

I know I'm not right but it sounds like the turbo kicks in later than normal

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Technically, the gearbox acts as a "torque multiplier" so there is more tractive effort in 1st, the torque as seen by the wheels from the crank is multiplied by the gearbox gear ratios

for example, if the output of the final drive is 2:1 in 1st, it doubles the torque, 3:1, it triples the torque if the exact (total) ratio is known, the multiplier factor could be worked out

Look at the torque curve - and where the maximum torque is -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/EcoBoost125PS.060214.pdf

Dumbed down version for most forum users, with the (Superchips Bluefin) remap there is more power and torque, and more torque at lower revs, so the TC is more likely to kick in in 1st, even in the dry

So here is probably nothing wrong with the Bluefin remap, its just the TC kicking in at those revs

My advice is, if you/ anyone can't handle the (consequences of the) extra power/ torque - don't get a (Superchips Bluefin) remap :lol:

• Like 1

Paddy if that's your Fiesta your profile picture & I'm guessing it is, can I ask where you got the Blue bulbs from as the light up the footwell really well

Sorry dude, its just a random picture i found and liked. Looks cool though. So i reversed searched the image and found this for you, hope it helps:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317721

Sorry dude, its just a random picture i found and liked. Looks cool though. So i reversed searched the image and found this for you, hope it helps:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317721

Ok cool thanks, Rocky is on these forums so I'll check it out

If you go follow the links he posts further on it takes you to the eBay seller he got the bulbs from. My blufin arrives tomorrow. Feel like its christmas eve.

Let us know how you get on with it

If you go follow the links he posts further on it takes you to the ebay seller he got the bulbs from. My blufin arrives tomorrow. Feel like its christmas eve.

Let us know how it is after the remap ;-) did you have 100 or 125hp?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

I have the 100hp engine. It might be a day or two till i can get it up and running though :(

I have the 100hp engine. It might be a day or two till i can get it up and running though :(

I have the same engine, looking forward to hear about your results :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Technically, the gearbox acts as a "torque multiplier" so there is more tractive effort in 1st, the torque as seen by the wheels from the crank is multiplied by the gearbox gear ratios

for example, if the output of the final drive is 2:1 in 1st, it doubles the torque, 3:1, it triples the torque if the exact (total) ratio is known, the multiplier factor could be worked out

Look at the torque curve - and where the maximum torque is -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/EcoBoost125PS.060214.pdf

Dumbed down version for most forum users, with the (Superchips Bluefin) remap there is more power and torque, and more torque at lower revs, so the TC is more likely to kick in in 1st, even in the dry

So here is probably nothing wrong with the Bluefin remap, its just the TC kicking in at those revs

My advice is, if you/ anyone can't handle the (consequences of the) extra power/ torque - don't get a (Superchips Bluefin) remap :lol:

Well, I got a reply back from superchips yesterday. I'll just paste some of what they wrote:

"We have recently seen another Fiesta and a B-Max 1.0 EcoBoost and have made some further tweaks to the software. I have made the new file available to your bluefin for you to download and test.

You will almost certainly notice the rev limit has been extended slightly but the cars performance should be much more even across the rev range than before. "

One thing is for sure, the problem is gone now! :D No issues with stuttering/power cutback under full throttle in 1st gear. I even did a couple of 0-60mph tests on my way back from work today:

Flat road: 8,3 sec

(Slightly uphill: 8,9 sec) I used Torque android app with GPS measuring.

Basically, it was the map that was the culprit after all.

The only negative is that the fuel consumption now seems to be the same as stock map, whereas the old version gave a 10% reduction.

- John

post-51283-0-79752300-1394541966_thumb.p

As you said, they replyed to my email also and I downloaded new map. I did not have time to try, but from what I can see, there is really strong push on every gear, no power loss felling - but I have to make more tests.

Question removed as I missed johns earlier response.

Well, I got a reply back from superchips yesterday. I'll just paste some of what they wrote:

"We have recently seen another Fiesta and a B-Max 1.0 EcoBoost and have made some further tweaks to the software. I have made the new file available to your bluefin for you to download and test.

You will almost certainly notice the rev limit has been extended slightly but the cars performance should be much more even across the rev range than before. "

One thing is for sure, the problem is gone now! :D No issues with stuttering/power cutback under full throttle in 1st gear. I even did a couple of 0-60mph tests on my way back from work today:

Flat road: 8,3 sec

(Slightly uphill: 8,9 sec) I used Torque android app with GPS measuring.

Basically, it was the map that was the culprit after all.

The only negative is that the fuel consumption now seems to be the same as stock map, whereas the old version gave a 10% reduction.

- John

Something doesn't feel right with the 100PS version, it sometimes does the cut back issue and sometimes it feels as though there is hardly any power increase. Surely i should definitely feel a 35-40 bhp increase in power! Should i email them and see what they say?

Anyone heard any updates on the mountune map?

No :(

Something doesn't feel right with the 100PS version, it sometimes does the cut back issue and sometimes it feels as though there is hardly any power increase. Surely i should definitely feel a 35-40 bhp increase in power! Should i email them and see what they say?

I would. If they don't have an update for the 100ps version, maybe you can ask for the 125ps map instead. If I'm not mistaken, there is another guy in here with 100ps running the 125ps map. I guess it should be fine _if_ the two versions are mechanically the same.

- John

I think there making sure the map is perfect before releasing to the public.

I hope it'll be worth it considering all the grief I and other have had / are having with the current remaping company.

As you said, they replyed to my email also and I downloaded new map. I did not have time to try, but from what I can see, there is really strong push on every gear, no power loss felling - but I have to make more tests.

Hi, can I ask when you downloaded the new map? I bought Bluefin a while ago and noticed problems here and there. I reported them and Superchips had a new map out to me within the day, much improved too. However, this was maybe 3 weeks ago so I'm keen to know if there has been any revisions since. Thanks in advance.

Hi, can I ask when you downloaded the new map? I bought Bluefin a while ago and noticed problems here and there. I reported them and Superchips had a new map out to me within the day, much improved too. However, this was maybe 3 weeks ago so I'm keen to know if there has been any revisions since. Thanks in advance.

Got new map on monday. Before that I received map update maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply. What were the issues and what what's is it like now?

Hi all a question If you can help me . Who have you insured the cars with , with the bluefin map installed as my insurer will not insure me if I install the map.

Colin.

Got new map on monday. Before that I received map update maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

I guess to answer my own questions - I rang up Superchips just this last hour and asked if there had been any updates for the Ecoboost/100ps (last was 17 Feb) and they said yes. Had the text and email within minutes saying to download the new map. Pretty decent service as always, looking forward to giving it a go and finding out how things compare. Not sure exactly when the latest map was released other than sometime in the last month.

The new map is really good, different than other that I got - it is brilliant, so much power. But there is small issue with start/stop system - button is still indicating that is turned off, no matter if I push it or not. I had sent message to Superchips - so looking forward for new map. I replaced map to orginal one and there is no problem with the start/stop system - so it is definitely map issue.

Is it normal that you're kinda beta user on the Bluefin? It sounds like there is a lot of trial and error in the mapping of the Fiesta

Is it normal that you're kinda beta user on the Bluefin? It sounds like there is a lot of trial and error in the mapping of the Fiesta

My thoughts exactly

The new map is really good, different than other that I got - it is brilliant, so much power. But there is small issue with start/stop system - button is still indicating that is turned off, no matter if I push it or not. I had sent message to Superchips - so looking forward for new map. I replaced map to orginal one and there is no problem with the start/stop system - so it is definitely map issue.

Same here. Didn't see it until you pointed it out.

- John

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club