Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

WHAT CAR HAVE U GOT?? WHAT BHP IS IT RUNNING AT WITH NEW MAP??

No good having all that power low down if you can't use it!

"loads of torque steer", you can keep all that for me & give me more from the mid range. New tyres & new drive shafts come quicker with TS and if you really have enough of it, what ever's coming towards you from the right gets a little closer too.

Just my view on TS lads, it's not fun to live with thats why I got rid of my MPS, loads of power but useless in 1st and 2nd and that had a LSD.

Roger.

No good having all that power low down if you can't use it!

"loads of torque steer", you can keep all that for me & give me more from the mid range. New tyres & new drive shafts come quicker with TS and if you really have enough of it, what ever's coming towards you from the right gets a little closer too.

Just my view on TS lads, it's not fun to live with thats why I got rid of my MPS, loads of power but useless in 1st and 2nd and that had a LSD.

Roger.

Your not really thinking properly, the standard zetec (not s) doesn't have any any suspension changes and the standard tyres aren't exactly wide which explains why us 100PS boys get a little wheel wobble when planting the right foot. Also, most power seems to come in around 3K so thats what i'd call mid range.

• Like 1

I'm with General Accident and I'm sure they will allow the Bluefin

Thanks I will try them.

Colin

Hey guys,

Thought I would let you know that we have been tuning the fiesta 1.0 ecoboost for some time now and have seen some awesome results.

100 PS

Stage 1 Remap = + 45 bhp + 70 nm

Satge 2 Remap = + 55 bhp + 90 nm (Full Miltek and Induction Kit)

125 PS

Stage 1 Remap = + 30 bhp + 60 nm

Stage 2 Remap = + 35-40 bhp + 70-75 nm

We retail either Stage 1 or Stage 2 at £250 but happy to offer forum users a 10% discount. :)

At work they had a 1L running 160ps in the dyno, it ran for 3 days of harsh thrashing but then didn't go too well (I work at Dunton, fords research centre) and they had the water pump blow causing head gasket, valves and con rods go quite dramatically, so basically keep an eye out

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

WHAT CAR HAVE U GOT?? WHAT BHP IS IT RUNNING AT WITH NEW MAP??

Me? 1.0 ecoboost 100hp latest bluefin remap. Hp with Bluefin remap? Dont know and i really dont care.

Send from my iPhone 5s

At work they had a 1L running 160ps in the dyno, it ran for 3 days of harsh thrashing but then didn't go too well (I work at Dunton, fords research centre) and they had the water pump blow causing head gasket, valves and con rods go quite dramatically, so basically keep an eye out

Should be ok running at 137bhp though?

It can cope with up to 60% more power (well the engine itself can) but other parts may not survive, the engine was between 5500-6000 rpm and under stupid amount of load, I would say anything up to 155 is fine as long as your not always at the red line

It can cope with up to 60% more power (well the engine itself can) but other parts may not survive, the engine was between 5500-6000 rpm and under stupid amount of load, I would say anything up to 155 is fine as long as your not always at the red line

Strange that the water pump failed. A remap wouldn't actually put the water pump under any more load.

Could have just been a poor pump that couldn't hack the extra temps.

They are investigating it now, but they said the only issue at 160ps is that pump otherwise everything else would have been fine, I believe they were doing these tests for mountune

They are investigating it now, but they said the only issue at 160ps is that pump otherwise everything else would have been fine, I believe they were doing these tests for mountune

This can be good news in a way. Testing is always a good thing so that we can learn from any mistakes now and not in the future. I'm guessing the car wasn't a customers car ?

I'm eagerly awaiting the mountune offering after my experience with bluefin but am happy to wait until it's perfect ;)

Any idea if the Mountune will be like the Superchips one and you can de-tune if u need to & is it covered by Ford Warranty

Also are there any figures released yet on power gains ?

Mountune said the details would be imminent 2 months ago :(

Ford do the testing for mountune hence the high cost, which means ford cover your mountune with their own warranty. But this was just am engine dyno wasn't even in a car, flywheel connected to a rig, the operator controls the engine from a computer, they are looking for the floor in the water pump but 160ps is looking like what it will be, and they will sell a range of kits as usual I presume

How would increased power cause the water pump to fail? It could be that the water pump is a weak unit and running the motor unmodified at the same stress level would result in the same failure.

The pump was under too much load, they are starting the test again this week

I take it they have not released power increase figures let

They keep testing at 160ps and are attempting to get it to function at that power with 270 nm torque, that is their target if they reach it or not is another mattet

Same items as what is In the st kit pretty much so I presume will be a similar pricing

How close to the 120mph ford claim the 1.0T can do, has anyone pushed there car anywhere close to that? And what top speed would you say the engine is comfortable sitting at? Thanks in advance

And what top speed would you say the engine is comfortable sitting at? Thanks in advance

Err 70mph :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club