Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

.........I heard that someone got their fiesta zetec s to 110mph yesterday in 4th gear........ Don't know who though.........

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

.........I heard that someone got their fiesta zetec s to 110mph yesterday in 4th gear........ Don't know who though.........

you can get the Zetec S to 105mph in 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

you can get the Zetec S to 105mph in 3rd.

Nice

Nice

That is flat out over 6k revs.

In regards to the top speed limit, the cars speedometer stops at 130, but I know it goes beyond this in 5th gear around 4.5-5k revs.

And what about a comfortable speed to sit at without too high revs in 5th? Cause I'm driving Germany and just wondering what to expect to be doing on auto bahn :D

And what about a comfortable speed to sit at without too high revs in 5th? Cause I'm driving Germany and just wondering what to expect to be doing on auto bahn :D

Just go flat out when you can ;)

Send from my iPhone 5s

Hi

My focus wont go above 117 mph and that was the tomtom speed lol

the brochure says 120mph but it feels limited

Jamie

I have topped out my speedo many times ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I have topped out my speedo many times ha ha

It sits comfortably at 130mph, paha!

I'd advise everyone to look into chopping in the 1.0 for an ST before chucking a few k into these things. It'll work out the same in the end, work it out. 2k for the 160bhp pack but then you need bigger brakes, better suspension and thicker wheels. Not worth doing. It still won't match the ST ever and end up worse on fuel. !Removed! seats n all just no point. Save your money.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Do they do a 5 door ST ? No! so not getting one :p

Valid arguments from both Matt and Willy there!

For some people, a swap up from an ecoboost to an ST would be the best move, but for others, the ST is too 'compromised' (e.g. if you really need 5-doors!) therefore tuning an ecoboost will be the best way forward.

Also, some people just like to mod their car, so therefore starting off with a cheaper base car may make sense for some.

• Like 2

+1 on the 5 door comment, ive modded plenty of cars in the past so know the advantages and disadvantages thats personal choice. But on this one a remap will be all. If mountune ask around 2k for 160bhp then super chips will get my money for 150bhp

Here in norway a Fiesta ST costs £10-12k more than a 1.0 ecoboost titanium, so it's way more expensive.. :mellow:

- John

I would have loved to have an ST and agree that it probably would have been better value for money than a ZS but at my age it costs too much to insure and to be honest, the power would have been silly amount for a first car in my case. For me the ZS is perfect but I will probably look at increasing the power when i have been driving a bit longer :)

• Like 1

I just love the idea of having a car that punches well above its weight. :ph34r:

I for one am bored about hearing ST owners pressing their views on other Fiesta owners questioning why they didn't buy a ST & suggesting tuning a 1.0T isn't worth it

I agree they are amazing cars but they are not for everyone & people bought their non ST's for a reason & as long as they are happy & I'm sure they are, there isn't an issue & I don't think it's fair to try to make people feel like they have made the wrong decision

• Like 4

Not sure if anyone has seen this or if it has been posted already but could this mean a kit for the 1.0 maybe launched soon? I know they said it was 'imminent' about a month or two ago.

https://www.facebook.com/Mountune/photos/a.169852633031968.46183.130464113637487/829420870408471/?type=1&theater

If mountune dont release or give details at this event or day after my bluefin will be ordered on thhe 25th

I'm not upgrading to an ST as I'm saving my pennies to hopefully get an rs IF they release it next year :D

I for one am bored about hearing ST owners pressing their views on other Fiesta owners questioning why they didn't buy a ST & suggesting tuning a 1.0T isn't worth it

I agree they are amazing cars but they are not for everyone & people bought their non ST's for a reason & as long as they are happy & I'm sure they are, there isn't an issue & I don't think it's fair to try to make people feel like they gave made the wrong decision

It's not, see my post took the plunge, been there and done it. My insurance went up by £8pm on the ST to a whopping £41pm. Tell you insurance company you've turned a 100bhp motor into a 160bhp one and see what they say. As for superchips I'd tell them to !Removed! right off, get the monotune stuff to not waste your warranty, a remap like that will invalidate almost all of it.

And as said there is more to nodding a car than just adding power, it's pointless when it can't stop correctly ( having drums is also I'll advised with 1.4 tons and over 160bhp ) and the cornering ability of a pig in !Removed!.

Residuals are also substantially higher, you saving there will off set any cost you've put in a few quid on insurance per year. Talking a few k.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I agree they are amazing cars but they are not for everyone & people bought their non ST's for a reason & as long as they are happy & I'm sure they are, there isn't an issue & I don't think it's fair to try to make people feel like they have made the wrong decision

Very well said.

After all, this thread is for "1.0T owners" chatting about increased power possibilities.

I'm personally not looking to match or even get close to an ST power output, just exploring the possibility of improving drivabilty and torque.

I could of spent my 16K company car budget on an ST or any other car on the planet for that matter but the Titanium X fulfills my needs.

To be honest, I find it amazing that the1.0T has so much power, it's all too easy to forget that it's only a one litre, 3 pot motor.

• Like 4

I'm going to be blown away with the ZS when I finally get it, on order, not even test drove the 125 engine.

I've had a 61bhp Citroen for the last 8 years!

I'm going to be blown away with the ZS when I finally get it, on order, not even test drove the 125 engine.

I've had a 61bhp Citroen for the last 8 years!

Haha, in that case, you will certainly notice the difference!

1.0 125 Zetec S on order!

Could not agree more, everyone has their reasons for buying their choice and shouldn't have to keep justifying themselves to st owners