Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Haha tbh I was in the Ford dealers on Saturday but didn't give it much thought at the time

I updated the map today, even better than the original one I had, very chuffed.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

If the Superchips one is running well now it's gunna be hard to beat as an overall package

Flawless I think. They said they have no issues at all now, when I first had it done I thought it was very quick, now it's even better. Really surprised me, no clue what the output gains are now, they haven't updated their site. Easily 155bhp.

I want to get used to how the 123bhp feels in the 1.0T before I upgrade so I can notice the difference

Well its your choice chaps.

Mountune @ 375 / 135bhp

Superchips @ 399 / 150ish bhp

375+labour so probs more like 410 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

There's your answer right there ;)

It's a devil and angel on your shoulders.

You're disappointed with the mountune output, those with the 123bhp will be weary of a 12bhp increase. Especially paying near on £400, but you know you're getting a great quality product and most importantly you know your warranty is covered.

Superchips output is amazing for the price, you know you are getting far more than your money's worth but your scared of your warranty being invalid.

It's all about doing the right decision for yourself, don't be forced or pressured into one or the other. I went for superchips because I paid £125, my cars warranty runs out soon because it isn't newer than mosts, and it's going back to Ford in the near future anyway. Everyone has their own reason for getting a particular product, people forget 12bhp increase is still good, and you will notice it. Just be a bummer when you pull along someone who has the superchips instead of mountune and you see them shoot off ;)

• Like 1

Just be a bummer when you pull along someone who has the superchips instead of mountune and you see them shoot off ;)

Ha ha very well put. I have to admit I'm gunna wait till mountune offer more power before spending any money.

They do mention they have other products in the pipeline so 12bhp will be the entry base level increase and maybe they will do a stage 2 with a performance exhaust with it

loving the bluefin, I did a 100 mile rounds trip to brands hatch Sunday it averaged 51.9MPG. The way you plant it in 3rd down a slip road you easily lose what speed you are doing. massivly impressed so far. Cant stop thinking this isnt possible from a 1litre its voodoo or something.

Ha ha very well put. I have to admit I'm gunna wait till mountune offer more power before spending any money.

Im with you on that, especially as I have only done just under 400 miles in a week and a half :)

Although superchips will be cheaper, just have to wait and see, if mountune bring out a better package ie exhaust system etc then who knows???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Good to hear you are liking it Rickster!

Cant stop thinking this isnt possible from a 1litre its voodoo or something.

And this made me laugh! :D

From Mountune's news letter

" Two new kits were revealed on the day; the Mk7 Fiesta 1.0T MP135 - a Ford-approved upgrade for the small but mighty award-winning 3-cylinder turbo model. Equally of interest to visitors was the MR300 conversion for the latest Focus ST. Both kits are expected to be available for install later in April with full details appearing on our main website very soon"

Just bought RaceChip's ultimate box for my Fiesta 1.0 100hp.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/ford/fiesta/7-ja8/1.0-ecoboost/index.php

Bought it used from a guy, pretty cheap around £110, would never pay 550 EURO for that, then i would have gone for the bluefin remap instead, but i figured, for £110 i would give it a try.

As a matter of fact I bought the box for the 125hp version, but the dealer he bought from told me that it can handle both versions, the box will know if its connected to a 100hp or 125hp engine - freaking hope so!

Going to pick it up tonight.

Any one have any experience with RaceChip?

If that works it'll be a bargain

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

If that works it'll be a bargain

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah, my thought exactly!

They act as a resistor and "tricks" the engine to use more fuel and such. Not sure on how well they work though, never used one.

Okay, didn't just work like the guy said..

I plugged it in, and got a engine malfunction error - unplugged it again, and the car worked like normal.

I tried a lot of settings (there are these small screws you can adjust different parameters) and still no dice.

The chip is bought by a Norwegian company called Scandinavian chip-tuning, it is a RaceChip Ultimate box, and looks identical (except for no racechip logo) - currently trying to get Scandinavian chip-tuning to help me out, they told me it would work for my 100hp. Also wrote racechips to find out if their story holds water at all.

But i must say i rather like the concept of just a physical box.. easy to install / remove - don't know why, but it appeals to me :D

Thats my update for now.. hope to get it working, else i just have to sell it again to a lucky guy with a 125hp engine ;)

It does not work.

I talked to racechip and the Scandinavian dealer and they agree there is a problem with the chip, the guy I bought it from is currently not responding.. Fantastic :-D

Anyway, the Scandinavian dealer offered me to make a switch for a new box, of the same type for a fee of around £200, but does anyone have any experience with racechip boxes?

Right now I have two choices :

Take the dealer up on his offer, then I will have used around £300.

Or I try to make that guy who sold me a defective chip give me my money back, with the possibility of it not happening, and then I would have lost £100.

I'm having some trouble deciding if I should go for the deal for the new racechip box.. Advice needed.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

I used the power of the internet to read about racechip and chiptuning vs ECU remap in general - and i am leaning towards not getting the racechip, there is a lot of different reviews, mostly people seem disappointed with the price to gain ratio.

So i think i will take no chances and loose my £100, luckily only £100, unless i can get the guy to pay me back.

I am not expecting any objections from here, as i have only heard about Mountune and Bulefin on the forum ;)

Yeah I'd just lose my £100 if I was you

Yeah i will - and i did.

Wrote the guy that it was defective, and i would like a refund.

He told me if i wanted my money back i should send someone bigger then my self to collect it.. wtf, he was pretty nice until now - i think i will just leave it here.. £100 experiment over.

Lol! What a ****! Sling it through his window

• Like 1