Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

There is already a lot of dispute about how long the 1.0T will last running 125bhp. Think it will last long with 170?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Engine will be okay, no extra boost. Gearbox and clutch will probably die quite quick though. No to mention tyre and brake wear

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Your right enough Glynn, it is mostly speculation. I cant post links, wont let me paste! But ive seen the longevity of the 1.0T discussed in a few places.

Don't get me wrong, I think its a great engine! I would certainly have one.

When you look at it as bhp/litre:

Superbikes: RSV4, R1, Panigale, S1000RR etc etc they are running 180-200bhp/litre

Cars like Evo's are running 150-220bhp/litre depending on the model you buy.

Im sure you'll all agree, they are high performance engines. Typically, with high maintenance, serviced every 5000 (ish) miles and expensive parts.

The wee fords aren't quite that bad, but im sure you see what im getting at?

Has anyone had the latest map update for the bluefin at all? The cutback power has been removed, and it actually pulls better than 2nd which has surprised me.

Has anyone had the latest map update for the bluefin at all? The cutback power has been removed, and it actually pulls better than 2nd which has surprised me.

I have the latest map update (from last week) and no issues with power cutback or start/stop function. It's all good :)

- John

I thought superchips were supposed to send out auto emails of any map updates. I`ll get the new map when i get home tonight.

The latest map is brilliant, it definitely has higher torque and bhp than previously - superchips should ideally release a new power curve on their site so we know. Tested it on a dual carriage way onto work where there is some lights, perfect strip of road being a 70 zone. Cannot believe how quickly it reaches to 60 for a litre engine, it's superb. Durability is my only concern, glad I won't have it for another couple of years and I'd feel sorry for the next owner.

If I just plug in my bluefin to my pc will it get the latest update? Or do I have to get them to send me an email?

The latest map is brilliant, it definitely has higher torque and bhp than previously - superchips should ideally release a new power curve on their site so we know. Tested it on a dual carriage way onto work where there is some lights, perfect strip of road being a 70 zone. Cannot believe how quickly it reaches to 60 for a litre engine, it's superb. Durability is my only concern, glad I won't have it for another couple of years and I'd feel sorry for the next owner.

When was the last update previous to this? Not sure if im up to date or not.

so 150bhp ish from this engine?! what do you guys think it's taken your 0-60 down to?

and conversely, how much did it put your insurance up...if you owned up to the insurers about it!

so 150bhp ish from this engine?! what do you guys think it's taken your 0-60 down to?

and conversely, how much did it put your insurance up...if you owned up to the insurers about it!

+1 how much does this affect insurance by if declared?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

When was the last update previous to this? Not sure if im up to date or not.

It was released last sunday, the normally email everyone who owns the device. Attempt to plug it in see if there are any updates, if it doesn't work which I'm 90% sure it won't because they haven't emailed yourself you need to email them asking for the update.

That seems a lot 16bhp from just an air filter, any other tuning mods like a remap etc. ?

just plugged the bluefin in and says your map has already been downloaded, so doesnt appear to be a freely available update yet. I have emailed them to see if there is an update hopefully they will send me a link. I last downloaded a map a month ago

whats the 0-60 with the latest remap updates anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

http://www.knfilters.co.uk/mobile/mProduct.aspx?∏=57s-4000

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Added this to my ecoboost focus 182bhp took it to 198bhp (tested on rolling road )

Really changes the car had it standard for its service could not wait to get it back on !!

Good - show us the evidence

Often K&N filters make no difference at all on some cars (i can produce charts to back this up)

or the difference is small -like 2hp

16hp gain from a filter! - pull the other one!

Good - show us the evidence

Often K&N filters make no difference at all on some cars (i can produce charts to back this up)

or the difference is small -like 2hp

16hp gain from a filter! - pull the other one!

I remember actually seeing a video about this some time back.

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpzQbFGP4MI#t=287

He's a spammer, removed posts.

Ignore the preposterous claims.

• Like 1

just plugged the bluefin in and says your map has already been downloaded, so doesnt appear to be a freely available update yet. I have emailed them to see if there is an update hopefully they will send me a link. I last downloaded a map a month ago

They should email you back Monday, I know they don't work weekends. You should really enjoy the new one :)

Received the new map in email, will try it out tonight

Hey Rick, word of advice, make sure the bluefin software on your PC/laptop is the most uptodate version. There are (stupidly) two links on the mybluefin website to download the software, one is version 4.0.0.50 from 2012 and the other is 4.0.1.67 which is the latest.

I had the old one installed, and it didnt write to the bluefin device properly, when i tried installing the map on the car it caused an error and activated the immobiliser, wouldnt let me start the car and the bluefin wouldnt install any of the maps just kept throwing up an error message. After alot of messing about and ringing them i got it sorted, they were very helpful, but it seems the older pc software was the culprit, so to avoid my troubles I'd check the version of the one you have.

If you have the older version you can get the new version at www.mybluefin.co.uk/software/bluefin

Thought I'd killed the car at one point, was s**ting it

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, it is really good! All the issues i mentioned earlier in the topic have gone, no cutback, no lumpy power delivery coming off throttle.

With traction control off when flooring it in first gear in the dry i got a bit of wheelspin as the boost came in, but nothing major it just gripped after a second and raced to the redline, no loss of power at all. Perfect.

Sounds like superchips has finally got to sorted. May give bluefin another try seeing as mountune still haven't released anything yet.

Just need to know if any Titanium owner have remaped and are happy with it?

Cheers gor the heads up. When I checked for a new map the other night, I had a pop up with new version of bluefin available. I should have the latest version bit will check the version before installing.

Sounds like superchips has finally got to sorted. May give bluefin another try seeing as mountune still haven't released anything yet.

Just need to know if any Titanium owner have remaped and are happy with it?

Mine's 125bhp Titanium and it works fine. Very happy with the remap.

- John

latest map installed, I cant really express how good this new map is over the orignal map which I already said the improvement was like voodoo, new map is crazy. 1st gear issues are gone, no hesitation at all foot down it just pulls with or without traction control. But there are improvements across all gears aswell.

I tried some 0-60 runs with impressive results. I will wait until I try again on the same bit of road as I did the initial runs to get a fair comparison. Again i know an android app will not be accurate but the 4 runs I did with the standard car were pretty consistent, so will do a few runs again but im amazed at the times i tried tonight.

125ps titanium if you are considering getting a bluefin, just order one you will not regret it.

I hope there is an updated graph from Superchips.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club