Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Go on, what were your times tonight??

It is pretty amazing the difference between the original map and this new one I agree!

Will the newer map have been developed on someone's car on a dyno? If not there won't be an updated graph.

gonna have to wait for the times as I know they will be done on a flat bit of road(airport). shame its the wifes car, i will have to do the usual testing meaning I better have the car for a few days just in case there is an issue lol.

Funnily enough I have done some 0-62 times tonight one a road where it is national limit and it was empty! Take into consideration both runs is the passenger going 3-2-1 then GO. So I did not set off at all early.

My first run, on a slight decline with a passenger in the car to time it of course actually ended up at 7.1 seconds, with the perfect start and a pretty good gear shift into 2nd.

My second run, on a complete flat with a passenger in the car to time it, ended up at 7.4 seconds, with a brilliant start and a half decent gear change.

Don't know what you would all like to think of these results, it isn't only about the map but also the driver, you do need that perfect start and good gear change. But I'm sure one of you who will attempt a run will clarify almost identical numbers!

Impressed to say the least.

• Like 1

Wow! Very impressive!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

well Jordan not sure what software you were using or manual timing, but very similar to my times tonight best 7 dead a 7.2 and a 7.4, these were 0-60

will try again tomorrow hopefully

• Like 1

Sounds like its all sorted then :) One last question if I may. Any rough running when the car restarts (start/stop) for the first few seconds? If not Then I'll give the Bluefin another go and order one tomorrow.

I have the 100ps ecoboost, would the 125ps bluefin work or would it have to be the 100ps version and if so, has anyone used the 100ps bluefin before?

I have the 100ps ecoboost, would the 125ps bluefin work or would it have to be the 100ps version and if so, has anyone used the 100ps bluefin before?

You have to get the 100hp one. I have seen a few members here who have it, and I am considering it my self. I guess they have / will update the maps for the 100hp version, if it suffered from the same mapping problems as the 125hp.

Anyone have any information about that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

I would love to get some official figures from the 0-60 on the latest map, I did some runs this morning on the same bit of road as my previous run, figures are not accurate I know(hence wanting some proper timings) 7.02, 6.98, 6.81. this is around 2 seconds better that initial runs

It would be safe to say you can easily get the 0-60 below 7.5 seconds, no clue what bhp and torque is running on it now. No start/stop faults at all, they've all been erased.

Agreed no issues at all and easily 7.5 if not quicker. Does have a racelogic?

Ive emailed superchips to see if they have a graph

Anyone have any reviews on the 100ps map that bluefin offer?

Agreed no issues at all and easily 7.5 if not quicker. Does have a racelogic?

Ive emailed superchips to see if they have a graph

I was using 7.5 to be polite, I know I've had faster times but I thought that sort of time would be reasonable.

If that's the case I'm sure they will so "No they haven't, bring in your car and we will" or something like that.

that is a mental increase from a remap, if as you say there are no issues then great work from superchips :P

That's mental if those times are half accurate, starting to feel sorry for some clutches around here. Hope they hold up.

I have no doubt clutches will suffer if launched from standing starts regularly. Its just to know ots there when you want it.

Part of the reason for the decrease in 0-60 time, other than just having more power, is that the standard map has a large amount of lag when coming back on the throttle after changing gear, almost like the ecu wont allow full throttle for around a second after a gear change, which in turn means the turbo doesnt spool up as fast as it should. I imagine they did this possibly to help achieve the 60+mpg rating, and maybe even to keep the 0-60 higher to keep the car in a lower insurance group, which is a major selling point.

Anyway, the remap eliminates this.

I dont think that it's running in the 6's to 60mph, but definately feels in the 7's, it gets to the end of 2nd gear so fast compared to before.

I think like for like driving the mpg should improve. Before this new map the car was getting 46mpg compared to 44mpg on standard.This on consistent routes. I think this could be improved on with the additional torque.

will take a few tanks of fuel to get a decent figure. Agreed 0-60 is in the mid 7 range

mid 7's to 60? Sounds crazy, but I guess if it's up at 150bhp with the map then that would be about right, especially for a turbo. I had a quick look and found reviews for when the focus 1.0 was mapped from 125 to 145 and that took just over a second off a car that I guess is at least hundred kilos heavier than fiesta.

so mid 7's - like, wow. :)

I've always wondered with remaps, apart from the insurance implications, would this push the car out of the zero band for tax - is there an obligation on the owner to retest for emissions etc? anyone know how that works?

Sounds exaggerated to me tbh, but I'm always up for being proved wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds possible with the right person behind the wheel

As ive stated an android app isnt going to be to accurate, but the figures were consistent. here are some of the screen shots. so no intentional exageration.

the 7.0 and 6.81 were on the same stretch of road.

post-46515-0-79422700-1398882707_thumb.p

post-46515-0-50956100-1398882712_thumb.p

post-46515-0-95562800-1398882717_thumb.p

I think only if something fails and the bluefin is deemed to be the cause. Thats when superchips warranty covers. I think thats how it works.

MattDRX, why is it since you got rid of your 1.0 ltr. ecoboost and got your st2 you do nothing but ridicule the smaller guy in his/her 1.0 ltr ?

You just come across as being very bitter.

I'm not open for an argument, I'm just stating a fact, yes a fact.

Roger.

• Like 4