Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Out of curiosity, not that id get it, but is it only the 125 that can be tuned up. Can the standard 100 go up much ?

Out of curiosity, not that id get it, but is it only the 125 that can be tuned up. Can the standard 100 go up much ?

Technically buddy, there the same engine. PumaSpeed offer an upgrade to the ECU software to bring the engine up to the 125ps engine software (OEM software, not a remap) and from there you can actually remap the ecu to produce the same results as what the 125ps gets remapped, except you've started with the 100ps engine. Get what i mean? It'll cost you though. You'd have to flash the ECU with the OEM 125 software first before even buying the remap.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't get it done like I say. Ps. My little 100 can fair shift when you put the foot down. I think between its actually decent power and the size of the car making it feel quicker. Is certainly faster than my old 1.6 40 tonne zafira. Your 125s and above must feel like rockets.

Yeah i have the 100ps mapped to 140 and the torque is mad! I'll probably be taking the map off in winter though.

Sorry for asking millions of questions but when you say taking the map off. How do you do this? Is it a chip you plug in or flashing software etc ?

Well, installed the blufin and what can I say. WOW :)

Cannot believe this is a 1.0 litre engine!

Its just a shame theres no way to find out what its pushing out without having to put it on a rolling road.

Just a bit disappointed I cant use this on my 1.0 Focus as well, without paying £230 odd to reset it.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

In Kyiv (Ukraine) I successfully download a factory firmware from Fiesta 140hp Black Edition in Fiesta 100 / 125hp.
Measurements on the dyno, Fiesta 100hp >>> 140hp:

post-48928-0-60824100-1415264372_thumb.j

Hello everyone!

In Kyiv (Ukraine) I successfully download a factory firmware from Fiesta 140hp Black Edition in Fiesta 100 / 125hp.

Measurements on the dyno, Fiesta 100hp >>> 140hp:

attachicon.gif140stokPU.jpg

That is awesome ! What equipment did you use to download the firmware ?

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread, the 1.0 ecoboost is £175 for a stage 1 or 2 remap with this company.

www.ecutuningshop.com

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had the bluefin remap for the 100ps version? If so, how did it go, worth the £370 and was there much difference in mpg?

Yeah i have the 100ps mapped to 140 and the torque is mad! I'll probably be taking the map off in winter though.

Did you notice much of an mpg change in average mpg before and after the bluefin?

• 1 month later...

Phew just read full thread.........

Right talking to Mental_Atom

about the remaps

we both like mountune but as mentioned before it's a little gain but warranty is kept

Collins and bluefin are other contender also pumaspeed

What would you all recommend maybe need a poll lol

If I did not tune cars myself I would use Pumaspeed, I know the person who writes the maps and his work is as good as our own work.

Hi guys

I am from Malaysia and just bought a Fiesta ecoboost 125. Apprantly, there is only one spec available here. The spec is 125hp/ 170nm with dual clutch gearbox. No manual gearbox.

Indeed I am so keen to get a Bluefin. My concern is whether the increase of torque would cause burden / damage to this dual clutch gearbox? As from the review of the gearbox is giving some problems here due to the hot weather.

I think Ford Malaysia has detuned the torque, maybe not to stress the gearbox too much.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

well finally got round to buying a superchips bluefin for my fiesta ecoboost 125 a couple of weeks ago after reading many posts on here. i have no problems with it at all, cruise control works the same and stop/start the same.

the difference is amazing, if you just tickle the throttle it drives perfectly smooth as before but when you press the throttle more the torque delivery is so linear, no flat spot at all and pulls strong all the way to the limiter, now iv'e got used to it i never give it much throttle and the mpg appears unchanged. it's just good to know you have some really useful overtaking power under your right foot, gives you confidence, anyone that is still thinking about trying a bluefin, just go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 5

Mountune is pure pish, you're only buying warranty, pumaspeed now sell Tuning boxes shipped to your door, so it's basically a stage one and two remap that you can do yourself with your home computer AND when you place the new map on your car it automatically stores your cars original map within the box so if anything does go wrong and you need to go back to ford, you can put it back to standard and they will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thought that if Ford wanted to see if there had been a flash they would know. Just that if there was no reason to look that it wouldn't come up.

@CraigRac - did you just do the bluefin upgrade, no change to air filter? I'm tempted...

@CraigRac - did you just do the bluefin upgrade, no change to air filter? I'm tempted...

I had blufin with standard air filter and all was fine. Changing the filter is definitely worth considering though for that extra teeny weeny bit of noise at full throttle.

No mods what so ever, don't think a panel filter would make much difference to be honest, it drives fantastic as it is.

Oh sorry, I have carried out one mod, changed the two white cap less bulbs that illuminate the foot wells to red ones lol ;)

• Like 1

Thought that if Ford wanted to see if there had been a flash they would know. Just that if there was no reason to look that it wouldn't come up.

Yes your right. Ford can tell if the car had been remapped even after you've removed said map. This normally only applies if you report an issue that requires investigation. They won't be looking for remaps at service times etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club