Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

There's a guy with a 1.0 on fiestamk7 club with 220bhp he changed turbo added the usual stuff cold air intake intercooler rtf changed the pistons to forged changed the rod and bored the engine headers a think (still half sleeping atm)

Ff12 fmc has been disabled so we cant go for a spin in it. Spoil sports, not that I could fit in a formula ford.

I ordered parts from ND-Tuning over 2 weeks ago and already planned a remap for thursday. But my order just got dispatched today so i have to wait atleast another week and make a new schedule with the guy im using for my remap. New airtec intercooler, all the induction pipe, sili hoses and airfilter, and a new engine mount bushings are gonna be fitted. hopefully ill hit 160bhp - but time will tell..

New Nilltek exhaust fitted with claimed loss of 10 BHP along with towbar.

Just need to back to black diffuser and fit LED bulb in custom fog light.

post-66658-0-63967400-1441504844_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mail from Superchips that the remap and bluefin for the

"facelift" Euro 6 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100 Powershift are available.

Hello, :)

I wonder about Superchips data on the 1.0 of 100 bhp engine

Indeed how can we explain to the same engine of too different values :

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100 : Superchips remap Max 137 BHP @ Rpm 5030

Transit Courier 1.0 Ecoboost 100 : Superchips remap Max 157 BHP @ Rpm 5950

!!!!!!!!!!

These are the same engines

The same mapping Bluefin !

:blink:

!!!!!!!!!!

Am sure it's to do with the different gear ratios in the different cars

Guy on fb is over the moon he was with a tuning company didn't like it too much as they wanted even more money for stage 2 (which is same as bluefin) changed to bluefin and loves it

paramanic said :

Am sure it's to do with the different gear ratios in the different cars

I don't know

The boxes of speeds would be different to explain the more power of tjhe Transit Courier with the sale file Bluefin ? :angry:

Yeah a would think so as its to do with the gears where they test it on the dyno ..... Why not ask them? They answer every question I've asked and are nice ppl

!!!!!!!!!!

The Transit might have a better intake set up, better intercooler.

The Fiesta could be quite cramped considering its size, the transit could have better engine breathing to produce more torque low down, but with the same peak power. A map can then just extend that higher torque value towards the red line making a bigger difference in peak power.

• Like 1

Makes sense and some of the components may be different as in the 140PS Fiesta.

As I've learned with t​he superchips@bluefin experts the 140PS has a different intercooler and a revised head gasket design to facilitate safely running much higher boost pressures. They achieve impressive numbers: 165bhp and 260Nm!

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/1lEcoBoost140PS.pdf

One question for the experts:

I believe that fiesta 125PS and 140PS manual transmission only have 5 gears.

In focus 125PS the manual transmission has 6 gears but we don't get the 140PS flavour.

Do you believe the driveline components (clutch or transmission) in focus are somehow limiting this motorisation for not being able to deal with the extra torque&power?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all this is my first post so bear with me :/

I have been running this black edition with a bluefin map for 3000 miles and during this mileage have had the yellow spanner light on 3 times during spirited driving.

I tried to read the code with the bluefin device but it seemed the code cleared when the engine was turned off.

I managed to read a fault code with the engine still running using a cheap wifi OBD device code using dash command app linked to my iPhone.

The code is P0234 turbocharger A overboost condition.

Anyone else on here had this issue?

Apart from the bluefin the only other device fitted is a mountune induction kit.

I have emailed Superchips today and await their reply.

When I first reported the issue to Superchips without the benefit of knowing fault code, they told me that there are at least 3 other 140ps fiesta's running the same map and they have not reported any issues.

Apart from the above problem, the car has been brilliant, and the remap has made a huge difference to the cars point to point performance. Using the dash command app to accurately record a 0-60 run it managed 7.1 seconds - not too shabby at all :-)

But tbh more often than not its 7.9s

Any help with this fault would be useful.

Thanks Dave

Probably mechanically based, the PCM is sensing excessively / dangerously high boost pressures according to most diagnoses of the code - this could be VERY detrimental to your engine so I'd advise rectification asap & ideally no driving until the source of the issue is rectified

Hi all this is my first post so bear with me :/

I have been running this black edition with a bluefin map for 3000 miles and during this mileage have had the yellow spanner light on 3 times during spirited driving.

I tried to read the code with the bluefin device but it seemed the code cleared when the engine was turned off.

I managed to read a fault code with the engine still running using a cheap wifi OBD device code using dash command app linked to my Iphone.

The code is P0234 turbocharger A overboost condition.

Anyone else on here had this issue?

Apart from the bluefin the only other device fitted is a mountune induction kit.

I have emailed Superchips today and await their reply.

When I first reported the issue to Superchips without the benefit of knowing fault code, they told me that there are at least 3 other 140ps fiesta's running the same map and they have not reported any issues.

Apart from the above problem, the car has been brilliant, and the remap has made a huge difference to the cars point to point performance. Using the dash command app to accurately record a 0-60 run it managed 7.1 seconds - not too shabby at all :-)

But tbh more often than not its 7.9s

Any help with this fault would be useful.

Thanks Dave

Are you able to see what kind of boost pressure that map is allowing your turbo to produce.

Which mod' was fitted to your Fiesta first ? the Mountune induction upgrade or the Bluefin ?

Were Superchips aware that the Mountune kit was fitted prior to selling you the Bluefin ?

It's highly unlikely that the test vehicles Superchips use have the Mountune induction upgrade fitted & who knows whether the '' other 3 140ps Fiestas that have no reported issues '' have a Mountune induction upgrade

Hi Eatonm112

I have not checked if the dash command app can provide this information.

All I can tell you is that it is the stock superchips bluefin map.

Ta Dave

Hi Mondeo TXS

The bluefin was fitted first and it started to hesitate at around 4000rpm (no fault codes during this).

I thought with the remap fitted it needed more air so I then installed the mountune kit to assist the engine.

I don't know if the other cars had the mountune induction kit but as it does not affect your warranty I would have thought it would be most likely to be the remap causing the issue.

I have already informed superchips of the induction kit being fitted post the remap.

I am however 99% sure that the fault was there before the induction kit was installed.

It only happens when the car is pushed. The frequency of this is say 1 in 10 times.

thanks

According to Superchips' website the remap has increased your maximum bhp output to 175 from 137 & the maximum torque output from 210nm to 287nm - this seems a huge increase for a 3 pot with a standard turbocharger ? - & that's without taking into account the Mountune induction upgrade

The code suggests that your turbo is possibly overboosting in excess of the normal overboost limits which are normally time restricted to a maximum of around 15 seconds @ W.O.T.

Hi Eatonm112

I think if i am reading the app correctly the car is running 1.5 bar of pressure.
Is this a safe level?
ta

At what engine speed is 1.5 bar being measured ?

Hi Mondeo TXS

Sorry but what does W.O.T mean?

When you look at the superchips numbers below the actual increase is really 19bhp as their equipment made the stock car 146bhp before the remap.

Superchips remap Max 165 BHP @ 5922 Rpm

Original Max 146 BHP @ 6331 Rpm

But on the torque side of things yes the gain is 71Nm

Superchips remap Max 260 Nm @ 3774 Rpm

Original Max 189 Nm @ 3136 Rpm

I dont think that the induction kit would make little difference to either the torque or bhp

Extract from Mountune site:-

The air box has been engineered with features that reduce the delta pressure drop by 1.5kPa when combined with the mountune high flow panel filter, and a further 0.5kPa improvement when mated with the mountune high flow silicone induction hose.

The mountune Performance induction kit provides the foundation for further performance upgrades, with an engineered approach that retains the OE appearance and reliability while providing an improvement in power, torque and releasing the addictive 3-cylinder induction note.

In addition, the mountune Performance induction kit has been through an extensive test and development process with Ford, which means it will not affect the base vehicle warranty - the only induction kit available on the market to do so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club