Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Brakes Locking In Morning

Goonie99

Hi there, i have recently bought a 2006 Ford Focus, and there are one or two little niggles bothering me. Mainly the brakes sometimes seem to be locked on in the morning, and as i try to pull away there is resistance and a bang noise from the rear of the car, also straight after this the first time i touch the brakes pedal it brakes hard and sudden but then goes to normal.

One other thing and this may be simple to sort, but the general road noise seems quite loud from the car, would the tyres be making alot of difference?

Is it a 1.6? if so you have drum brakes that get stuck with a mixture of water and brake dust. Annoying but not much you can do about it.

Thats often normal, as the disk brakes will rust and seize temporarily due to the moisture and air on the worn disk.

Given the accompaniment of the sudden brake action, you may need to consider a seized or sticky caliper / piston on one of . both of the rear wheels.

Also, welcome along!

Thank you both for your comments. Is the bang/clang noise i hear doing it any harm?

It's probably making the noise because the shoes are springing back into place without any pedal pressure.

Try pumping the brakes or the handbrake a couple of times before you pull away to see if that helps to position them correctly.

• Like 1