Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mondeo 2000 2.5 v6 auto box fault

ptk

searching for gears is usually a sign of low oil.

at speeds over 50 it changes up and down gears without moving throttle anyone any ideas please

hi there i had the same problem with my 2000 2.5 auto, under the plastic bottom case of the airbox on the top of the gearbox is a round multi plug just to right or the gear quadrant selector,this had filled up with g/box fluid i blew out the oil and filled the switch on the gearbox with silicon and plugged it back in,its been fine ever since that was six months ago and 9000 miles,its like the overdrive is dropping in and out...hope this helps

hi there i had the same problem with my 2000 2.5 auto, under the plastic bottom case of the airbox on the top of the gearbox is a round multi plug just to right or the gear quadrant selector,this had filled up with g/box fluid i blew out the oil and filled the switch on the gearbox with silicon and plugged it back in,its been fine ever since that was six months ago and 9000 miles,its like the overdrive is dropping in and out...hope this helps

Thanks very much had a look and its exactly as you said. Really appreciate your help saved me lots of dosh. Must be a common fault

Thanks very much had a look and its exactly as you said. Really appreciate your help saved me lots of dosh. Must be a common fault

im glad you sorted it....... : :D