Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications

DanGersFord

You should be proud to show the Ford badge IMO.

I can understand why many Vaux####s remove theirs.

How about an overlay if you want it to look a little different or blend in more?

• Like 1

bbl20.jpg

Ignore the tape and sticky pad, that was a photo taken while I was in the process of fitting an illuminated badge background that was wired into the brake lights.

bbl24.jpg

It was one like this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAR-BADGE-LIGHT-UP-RED-LED-fits-MONDEO-FOCUS-14-5x5-6cm-UK-SELLER-/181968864889?hash=item2a5e308679:g:aVMAAOSwNyFWeAnb

One available that lights up fully, not just a back plate-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-LED-Badge-Logo-Emblem-R-W-B-Focus-Falcon-Kuga-Mondeo-Fiesta-F-Series-/272261164630?hash=item3f6407ae56:g:1xgAAOSwezVW0gDO

Obviously sizes need to be checked.

• Like 3

Thought I would post up my few little modifications. Nothing major as it was only a temporary car for us and it will be getting sold again at the end of next year.

Model designation delete, a little window sticker (long standing joke with my Mr), and running on standard 5 spoke steelies. Its had a stage 1 ECU remap to take it up from its standard 88bhp/211lb-ft to a nice 111bhp/251lb-ft. Currently in the garage at the moment getting its glow plugs replaced though as its been running in limp mode for the past 2 weeks, looking forward to getting it back up to full power. 

1620388_10203127706090570_1670845556_n.jpg

1779701_10203135782812483_361123142_n.jpg

11811360_10207071026151107_2578081355939558937_n.jpg

12916738_10208812776093767_3706254489587828094_o.jpg

Purchased LED's for my puddle lamps and gone to fit them, everyone says just pull the mirror all the way in and up and you can get in behind to fit them...No luck, the gap is way too small to fit my fingers in and I can't prize it out of the socket to fit the new LED.  Any suggestions? Probably need to take the glass out but not sure how it comes out and since it has electrics feeding into it I don't want to just pull on it without knowing what I'm doing

Push the mirror inwards as far as it will go, then gently pull the Mirror away from it's mount- It just clips in.

Pull the bulb holder out of it's socket and clip all back together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, í just need your help, if someone knows, or have already install an ignition start button. i fixed mine then i wired it,i turn  the key to position 2 and the engin starts,my (litlle),problem is that, the blue light from the button, must be fixed blue when i turn ignition to position 2. and it does not,i can`t find any vídeo or pictures about wiring that on a ford focus,( mine is a tdci mk1 2004). so i conect the red wire to 12 volts and nothing. the blue led just show to me, when i press the button and start the engine,after removing my finger,the light disappear. it`s not from the button because,i bought another one,just in case...and it happens the same...no light. so if someone can help me telling me or showing me, were to wire properly on a ford focus,i`ll by gratefull. best regards

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2014 at 11:20 AM, zoltann said:

Hi guys, i want to buy a bluetooth kit for my focus and i saw this. What's your opinion? Anyone has it? Does it worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

for 3 quid more is the 455 that pairs more than one phone at a time.  Supposed to be good I'm getting a 455 this week so i'll let u know

only issue is I think my focus' 12v socket is perm live, although manu claims this uses so little power not an issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 15 April 2013 at 7:25 PM, DanGersFord said:

Have you done a few modifications to your car? Or gone all out and made a load of modifications? Why not start your own build thread in the NEW Ford Projects and Builds section ( http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/89-ford-projects-and-builds/?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all ) and show off your motor and what you've done to your pride and joy :) maybe even get some inspiration on what to do next from looking at other peoples threads :).

OR

If you just want to discuss something to do with modifying why not post it in the NEW dedicated Modification Discussions section http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/90-ford-modification-discussions/

Enjoy

FOC :)

Can u add the twin end pipes to the focus zetek s and is so were is best to buy them from and how much are they 

thanks in advance 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to modify my mk3.5 focus (body wise) and was wondering if ST parts or parts made to fit STs' or mk 3s' would fit on my zetec s, like front splitter, side skirts and such, any pointers on what's good to buy? 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2013 at 7:25 PM, DanGersFord said:

Have you done a few modifications to your car? Or gone all out and made a load of modifications? Why not start your own build thread in the NEW Ford Projects and Builds section ( http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/89-ford-projects-and-builds/?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all ) and show off your motor and what you've done to your pride and joy :) maybe even get some inspiration on what to do next from looking at other peoples threads :).

OR

If you just want to discuss something to do with modifying why not post it in the NEW dedicated Modification Discussions section http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/90-ford-modification-discussions/

Enjoy

FOC :)

No mate I just bought my focus zetec S 2 weeks ago its a nice motor to start with, its the 2 door, Black with the back windows all Privacy glass and the bit boot spoiler and the silver snowflake alloys but fancy getting them done a Gunmetal colour but will do as you say and check other threads before I go ahead tp see it they work, I also what the twin exhausts done but not to sure with it being a Diesel and don't want it sounding stupid, I have see this on here and his is diesel cheers for you message

On 9/11/2016 at 11:12 PM, Wrighty003 said:

I'm starting to modify my mk3.5 focus (body wise) and was wondering if ST parts or parts made to fit STs' or mk 3s' would fit on my zetec s, like front splitter, side skirts and such, any pointers on what's good to buy? 

I have got the ST wing and ST side skirts on my MK3.5 :) fits perfect. 

On 6/24/2016 at 11:56 AM, Tom1994 said:

Purchased LED's for my puddle lamps and gone to fit them, everyone says just pull the mirror all the way in and up and you can get in behind to fit them...No luck, the gap is way too small to fit my fingers in and I can't prize it out of the socket to fit the new LED.  Any suggestions? Probably need to take the glass out but not sure how it comes out and since it has electrics feeding into it I don't want to just pull on it without knowing what I'm doing

https://youtu.be/d0w38IpKR1o?t=120

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys looking a bodykit for 2011 focus zetec. not a clue where to look any ideas? I'm in Northern Ireland if that helps lol 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Zebedru said:

Hey guys looking a bodykit for 2011 focus zetec. not a clue where to look any ideas? I'm in Northern Ireland if that helps lol 

Genuine ZetecS or ST kit available from local ford dealership.

other options available from here: http://www.european-parts.net/ 

there are also full RS body conversion kits available but this involves changing the rear quarter panels and full respray as the RS body panels are wider than standard; this is more popular with the category D writeoff owners seeking to sell on when complete.

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Modification 

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS rear Diffuser Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS Front Lip spoiler Click Here

Guide To Activating Single & Multi Door Unlock on yor Ford Click Here

Guide To Spraying Rear View Mirror Click Here

Guide To Changing Lower Front Grill On Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Built Climate Controls on Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting New Ford Mist Type Jets on all Models Click Here

Guide to wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To De-Wiper Rear Of Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting Boot Door Umbrella Holder Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide Tow Strap style boot handle Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

The Ultimate Rear Seat Protection Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional 12v Socket in Boot of Focus Click Here

Guide to Converting Rear Fog Light To Clear Click Here

Guide Fitting Mud Flaps to ST, RS & ZetecS FocusClick Here

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Induction Filter Upgrade in Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Bonnet Dampers Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus RS LED tail lights Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Full ZetecS Kit Fitted to Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Custom Laser Cut Interior Parts For Your Ford Click Here

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, Lenny said:

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Modification 

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS rear Diffuser Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS Front Lip spoiler Click Here

Guide To Activating Single & Multi Door Unlock on yor Ford Click Here

Guide To Spraying Rear View Mirror Click Here

Guide To Changing Lower Front Grill On Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Built Climate Controls on Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting New Ford Mist Type Jets on all Models Click Here

Guide to Wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To De-Wiper Rear Of Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting Boot Door Umbrella Holder Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide Tow Strap style boot handle Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

The Ultimate Rear Seat Protection Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional 12v Socket in Boot of Focus Click Here

Guide to Converting Rear Fog Light To Clear Click Here

Guide Fitting Mud Flaps to ST, RS & ZetecS FocusClick Here

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Induction Filter Upgrade in Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Bonnet Dampers Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus RS LED tail lights Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Full ZetecS Kit Fitted to Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Custom Laser Cut Interior Parts For Your Ford Click Here

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

Is there anything original actually left on your car? :-)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Turvey said:

Is there anything original actually left on your car? :-)

Heres the build thread shows other things aswell as what's been guided;

I cant think of anything except the factory turbo which I'm quite proud to have considering it's a 1.6TDCi pushing 35% more performance than stock turbo and it now has 207,000km on the clock 😅 seriously Daily Driver is an understatement 😁 factory turbo usually blows around 100k due to blocked dpf, active egr caking up oil feed to the turbo.

The seats are also factory because shipping an ST interior on a pallet from the UK to Ireland costs around 200GBP on top of the interior cost.

Changed registration screws to the ford capped ones and dashboard air vents to titanium spec with the brushed chrome tabs👌

Looking back on things now; i wasted copious amounts on it across six years, would have been worth it now if it was an RS or ST model as there top models; but it's still only a 1.6 Diesel

If i was doing it again i'd still do the sound system and reverse light modification aswell as camera's as there very purposeful regardless of engine performance but looking back now the body kit was a waste really but was an experience I had to do once in life to enjoy.

I'm glad now more than before; that i created all the guides and took as many pictures during each process because there always available to others on the internet which forever retains some of the Saturdays I invested in to the car instead of my family or the home at the time.

Before purchasing the car i had a partner & Mortgage and along the way we obtained three kids 😁 

My main interest is now in improving the house which some members out of curiosity; Have asked me to document on here in a thread, so here it is if interested 😅 been on hold since August as I was returning two of three kids to school and helping Santa, but it's set to take great leaps in progress again in the Spring 

Started off with just renovating the living room space but it's now turned in to the whole ground floor of the house upgrade everything from radiators to doors and handles, progress is gradual as I don't see point in getting a huge loan to pay interest on just to finish somthing that I can financially complete in reasonable time myself while living in the space.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Hi. Has anyone replaced their shift knob / gear shift handle? I look forward to seeing what's available on your side of the world. Thanks!

I'm currently in the process of putting a mk2 illuminated 6 speed knob on my mk3. I snagged one for £30 and wanted to see if it could be done as they look nearly identical.

Eventually I'll put up all the details and pics in my build thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking to change the lower grill on my Moondust Silver MK2.5 2008 1.8 TDCI Focus

Recently fitted a Zetec Lower grill but not keen on it.

Like the honeycomb type grill type like I have on my upper grill and have been looking at these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-BLACK-RS-STYLE-SPORT-HONEYCOMB-MESH-FRONT-UPPER-GRILLES-LEFT-RIGHT-CENTRE/272644778024?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Not too sure about the gloss finish though and and a bit weary about home durable the piano black gloss finish will be? e.g would the finish not last long and look tatty over a period of time?

Also not too sure how the gloss finish would look on my silver Focus so would be interested in hearing some input from you guys which may help me on the decision.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew roughly what I wanted from this before I bought it. Nothing over the top. Something smooth & subtle looking.

Lowered 50mm, Mondeo 18's, removed rear badges & wiper, non-marked pressed number plates :)

I might fit mud flaps [for function] ZetecS front lip [bumper is scratched right at the very bottom on the O/S], bonnet lifters..... But aside from that I'm more than happy to drive it & keep it looking nice & clean :)

35356594233_7ee4feb8d6_o.jpg

35977281801_bc99c8b46e_o.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what modifications I am going to do on my car as I am in the process of trying to sort out a house out. Building site springs to mind so my changes will be small to start with. I am thinking of a k and n air filter but am not sure if it's worth while for the cost and what it's going to gain me without bigger mods like a remap or something. Any advice or wisdom is welcome in regards to the filter haha. I actually was a bit disappointed with the boot interior lights so I replaced them with led's. I also have a red Zetec S badge to put on the front grill. Subtle additions really. I should have taken a picture of the boot with the standard lights but I just have this picture of one of each and then when I changed them both. I think it's makes all the difference now. 

IMG-20170829-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.9925c9e353c42a60b3f474493585a831.jpeg20170829_221241.thumb.jpg.e7c2ee260fe5a8c6660bd7decb62c07c.jpg

Ridiculous difference mate, one of the first mods I did. A lot of folks have had great success with an led strip along the front edge of the boot (ie facing into the boot below the boot catch where you can't see it) but if you have the boot fully loaded it casts less light. 

I knew roughly what I wanted from this before I bought it. Nothing over the top. Something smooth & subtle looking.

Lowered 50mm, Mondeo 18's, removed rear badges & wiper, non-marked pressed number plates :)

I might fit mud flaps [for function] ZetecS front lip [bumper is scratched right at the very bottom on the O/S], bonnet lifters..... But aside from that I'm more than happy to drive it & keep it looking nice & clean :)

35356594233_7ee4feb8d6_o.jpg

35977281801_bc99c8b46e_o.jpg

Car looks fab. Love those alloys & very nice colour too. Those wheels are next fave after the st225 alloys. especially in grey . You could tint windows & st225 boot spoiler if not much. I did a fair bit on mine. Started off as standard Titanium with extras. I knew what i wanted so bought titanium for all extra gadgets then added on bits that it didnt have.

ec1fd56e9d865ea57bc110029f16054a.jpg

To this

afbc8c89c81dc80136ce8071a4b854ca.jpg

ab7792e41fb6190aabd07937d1d05f27.jpg

23319dc426373fd470ff74031ec4acf8.jpg

8d72ca6a9d44e1efa448cb17599be15f.jpg

99956bf8b410e8f9a900a1326599c41b.jpg

Yuni

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1