• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greedy86

• iNath

• alexp999

• sambooka

So....time for an update.

Actually ran the tank empty again....this time until there was just under 20miles less in the tank.

This time it took 35litres....and that was it full, spilling out infact!

I had yet to get more than 400 miles to a tank....which at 40litres is around 42mpg!

Just of the phone to the garage about getting it checked under warranty....but he told me its pretty much everything else under the sun and not the car....

IE

Heaters/Outdoor Temp/Journey Length/CD player etc etc

The usual suspects basically....which i can under stand.....but.....i still think i should be getting more miles out of the tank!

Anyone else agree?

He also told me....if they did a diagnostics check....it would cost 1 hours labour (£70) if they didn't find anything.

You should be getting more mpg than that I drive my 2011 1.6 zs tdci like I stole it and after fitting a k&n panel filter which lowered the mpg then 17" wheels which lowered it further I get 46mpg or 52mpg when I have my 16" alloys on

Well....i was hoping to get at least 50mpg!

I've been on a mission to get good mpg results since i got it....but no joy!

Maybe get it remapped and remove the DPF.....

Just a though....had a guy locally recommended to me....

Update from me too.

Car was booked in and got looked at but couldn't find anything. I have a feeling they didn't look at the tank or anything at all. But they reset everything....

Car feels a little more lively and so far seems to be abit better but i still think it will be a struggle to get over 400 miles to the tank.

My warranty has run out now but the garage have said they will sort it as it has been reported before...

I will update once I have run the tank down and filled up, and if I get any further investigation done by the garage.

Update from me too.

Car was booked in and got looked at but couldn't find anything. I have a feeling they didn't look at the tank or anything at all. But they reset everything....

Car feels a little more lively and so far seems to be abit better but i still think it will be a struggle to get over 400 miles to the tank.

My warranty has run out now but the garage have said they will sort it as it has been reported before...

I will update once I have run the tank down and filled up, and if I get any further investigation done by the garage.

If you could keep me posted that would be good.

I've tried a different approch now.....

Filled it to the neck last night and took the reading of the odometer - never mind all the other computer things.

So....next time when i fill it up....i'll know how far i've driven (to the nearest mile) and exactly how many litres it took to do said miles.

Fingers crossed....

Hey,

Well i have some figures for you, not sure if they will be of any help since the new 1.6 TDCi for the face lift mk 7.5 does have a higher mpg in the book from the mk7 but...

Did my first full tank last week, car only has 879 miles on it, i got it down to 10 miles.... 460 miles on the trip (470 with the 10) and averaged 54-55 mpg, so that is a good start for me, and hope it gets better as i get nearer the run in stage. I think from memory last years ford book which we all know is not accurate said 54.4 mpg urban on the mk7's and the new book here is saying 64.2mpg urban.

I drive as the roads states, and on motorways at 75, maybe 80 for overtakes, but not too slow or they are just up your !Removed!, waving their hands....

Not sure if that helps but from one ZS TDCi owner to anther.. :driving:

• 2 weeks later...

So.....here is my update!

I'm abit happier with the performance!

So.....a few wks ago i filled the car to the neck!

The odometer was reading....28028miles....

Filled it again this morning.....and the odometer read 48461miles

So that 433 miles (to the nearest mile)

The tank took.....34.06litres. (Don't quote me on this - i did get a receipt, it's in the car and i'll confirm later.

But.....

433miles @ 34.06 litres => 57.81mpg.

So....obviously much better result than what my onboard computer was reading....

But again.....even though the comp said there was only 15-20 miles left in the tank - according to how much it took....there was still a gallon in there! lol

So.....a few wks ago i filled the car to the neck!

The odometer was reading....28028miles....

Filled it again this morning.....and the odometer read 48461miles

So that 433 miles (to the nearest mile)

Actually it's 20,433 miles and it works out at 2,727.2 miles to the gallon, well done! ;)

HA!

I was sitting staring at that for aaaages before it dawned on me what i'd done! lol

If only....!

28028 - 28461 = 433 miles!

My bad.

Much happier with economy performance now though :)

• 1 month later...

Last tank i saw an average of 66.8 mpg and i did a tank range of 518 miles..... :D :D

I have had my for a week now, 2010 1.6 tdci zetec sport with 17000 miles on clock... Managed to get 487 miles out of full tank.. Normal driving with air con on all the time... I'm happy with that...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club