Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Soundproofed/ Deadened Their Fiesta?

Strutter

Was thinking of upgrading the Speakers but everything points at unless your doing a full system its not really worth it.

Only reason I was thinking was im getting some rattles from the front and rear left hand side Speakers ( don't think its the Speakers themselves, just the housing/ cards vibrating around them.

Think the best course of action is to sound deaden the cabin a bit first starting behind the front door panels ( 3dr model) and then getting in behind the rear panels and doing the same.

Anyone done this?

Also, any guides to removing the rear interior panels for a three door Fiesta?

Was thinking of upgrading the speakers but everything points at unless your doing a full system its not really worth it.

Only reason I was thinking was im getting some rattles from the front and rear left hand side speakers ( don't think its the speakers themselves, just the housing/ cards vibrating around them.

Think the best course of action is to sound deaden the cabin a bit first starting behind the front door panels ( 3dr model) and then getting in behind the rear panels and doing the same.

Anyone done this?

Also, any guides to removing the rear interior panels for a three door Fiesta?

I did my old 11 plate fiesta ZS. I put fibre insulation in the rear sides of the car by the rear door cards and up over the wheel arches and up the pillars to the roof, it was the one that is covered in a tin film one side and a red mesh the other so you don't get covered in the stuff and makes you itch like mad, and got the black vibe mat on the wider panels as they will oscillate with the bass and kill the quality of any ice install.

I put the vibe mat in the front doors and mounted the Speakers on a padded templates or fabric washers to remove that 'din' when Speakers are mounted on the door frame. Back in the day i custom made door pockets to take an mdf pod covered in box carpet, the results were awesome!!

Indeed the results on the panels on the fester were like a drum filled of oil compared to an empty drum, the latter being worse. Road noise was reduced a lot!!!

So its worth it even for the Stock Speakers etc?

still looking for a decent turotial in how to go about it, do you push through and put some on the interior panel of the door, of do you just use it to cover up any holes on the inside panel etc...lots of little questions like that.

I've used Dynamat and acoustic foam everywhere I can get it. Doors, under dash, above roof liner, wheel arches. Also used lots of adhesive felt. Now sounds almost civilised. I hate squeaks and rattles. Not sure if was just my car or if they're all like that.

So its worth it even for the Stock speakers etc?

still looking for a decent turotial in how to go about it, do you push through and put some on the interior panel of the door, of do you just use it to cover up any holes on the inside panel etc...lots of little questions like that.

By taking off the rear door card, and then the boot side panel is was able to access the whole area behind, and since the stuff was springy i pushed it in and let it expand again and then push into position. Where there are Speakers, i used the dynamat ( thanks James, i had forgotten the name of it) on the metal panel inside, as you want some space for the Speakers to produce the necessary sound dynamics and move the air around. low freq goes inwards, hence the room needed, mid and high freq goes outwards in the cabin.

If you filled the panel up right behind the speaker it would kill the rich deep bass. Most people think a speaker just sounds crap, when most of the time its the speaker positioning and the surfaces around the speaker being the culprit.

If i keep my new car long term, i am considering insulating the new one too. Its actually a bit warmer in the winter too, and besides, I'm too old to be driving down the road going boom boom.

Hmmm, so worth using the Dynomat stuff about the Speakers, and maybe some thicker stuff for the usual areas around the wheel arches etc?

Might just start off with the doors and see what I get from that.

Hmmm, so worth using the Dynomat stuff about the speakers, and maybe some thicker stuff for the usual areas around the wheel arches etc?

Might just start off with the doors and see what I get from that.

Yea obviously front doors are complicated because of the windows up n down.. Rear end is straight forward as there is not much back there, and just pack out the 2 skins. I would probably use more dynamat in the front doors, the door skin is big on a 2 door and that's where you will hear the din from the metal moving on the outer skin.

You could if you want to do it proper like, remove door card and buy that mixed fibre material as well as a good sized square bit of dynamat behind the speaker area and:

-Degrease the whole metal surface first with a tub of methylated spirits, helps the dynamat and other stuff stick better

-Heat the dynamat to help it move and adhea better

-Stick a larger then normal square or oval shape dynamat on the door skin behind the front speaker location, that will really help

-Then get some contact adhesive and 1 inch thick mixed fibre roll, cut out a door skin template

-Spray the door skin inside, spray the template and apply

-You can always cut the template down into smaller strips, makes application easier, and go along in sections. That way the door has good insulation and does not have that tin sound when you tap it.

You will hear the difference if you wrapped a knuckle on the door after application on the front door and then on the rear quarter panel further up, right in the middle where the panel will move the most, the front door will sound more, solid, dense.