Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Best H7 And 501 Bulb Combination!

Moz1985

Hi, after some new bulbs for fiesta, I'm after the brightest whitest blue combination

Whats the best h7 bulbs? Osram night breakers or philips xtreme?

And 501 w5w bulbs, osram cool blue or philips xtreme blue vision?

I just cant decide and need help choosing as im not buying one of each to try out!

Whats peoples opinions?

Any help or advice is much appreciated,

Many thanks

Moz

If you go for Osram cool blue across the board you'll get a good colour match.

I had cool blue in my car until last week add found them excellent for light.

Currently trying mightbreaker plus H7. Not as white as the cool blue but very good light coverage for motorway or country lane driving, £11 a pair on eBay.

Id go for led side lights personally recommend these: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=864547&categoryId=272449&langId=-1

Great and well worth the price. You can get LEDs from eBay that are a lot cheaper but I was sick of replacing them with them going faulty after just a month.

Ive personally got Philips diamond vision 5000k bulbs which give you a lovely white/blue and are as close to that icy white colour you get from HIDs without actually fitting them

Philips diamond vision are for off road only apparently though or am i wrong? Tganks everyone

Moz

• Like 1

Oh yeah and them leds above are for off road only, would i get the law on my case for either

Moz

Technically speaking yes because their colour temperature is 5000k(white) and the the bluest/whitest bulbs youre legally allowed to have is 4700k but ive had mine in for ages and never once had a problem being pulled for them or anything because they arent overly bright like HID's. Never had so much as a funny look off the police with them. If you want to stay 100% legal go for the cool blue intense but you'll be very very unlucky if you get pulled up for the diamond visions

And all LED sidelights are technically illegal but again you'd be very unfortunate if you go pulled up for them

Technically speaking yes because their colour temperature is 5000k(white) and the the bluest/whitest bulbs youre legally allowed to have is 4700k but ive had mine in for ages and never once had a problem being pulled for them or anything because they arent overly bright like HID's. Never had so much as a funny look off the police with them. If you want to stay 100% legal go for the cool blue intense but you'll be very very unlucky if you get pulled up for the diamond visions

Is that an admission of guilt sir?

What was your address again Dan?

Only joking of course mate.

I wouldn't nick you.

;)

Anybody else have an opinion?

Moz

Is that an admission of guilt sir?What was your address again Dan?Only joking of course mate.I wouldn't nick you.;)

It wasn't me your honour 0=] haha

The Philips extreme vision are decent bulbs aswell but again theyre more yellowy than white but you get a decent light output from them. As I said the only way to get a decent white colour to you light is to either fit HID's which theres a good chance of getting pulled for or the diamond visions or osram hyperblue which are only slightly illegal and if you did ever get pulled up for them you'd most likely just be told to change them unless the traffic cop is on his period lol

Thanks, think im gna go for phillips extreme vision, anybody know of any power bulbs usable vouchers to get them a bit cheaper? Thanks

Moz

Changed my mind again, gna go for nightbreakers as xtreme vision are about £10 dearer, are they really a tenner better? The only thing i want is a good sidelight to go with them and bright enough to be seen during the day? Anybody have a good sidelight idea?

Thanks

Moz

Philips blue vision work well.

Did you go for the nightbreaker plus?

Just to be an annoyance; 6000K HID's for the H7 and CREE's for the 501's :P

Again id go for led sidelights mate. Alot better than standard halogens

Again id go for led sidelights mate. Alot better than standard halogens

CREE's are LED's with projectors, same idea as the DS3's DRLs :P

Cree 501s look good but will theymatch nightbreaker h7s? Or what bulb would they go with as i dont want to go down the hid route...

Thanks

Moz

I'm glad i dont have sidelights anymore lol n dont have to worry about which 501s to go for

for my h7s though i've got the cool blue intense n cant really fault em. Contemplating the cool blue hypers though

Cree 501s look good but will theymatch nightbreaker h7s? Or what bulb would they go with as i dont want to go down the hid route...

Thanks

Moz

They will look alright wit 5000K, but they match HID's better, as you can't get 6000K with Halogen.

OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus H7s and Cool Blue sidelights are the way forward :)