Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Hot On The Top, Cold On The Bottom

screamer

as above, on a 2002 Fiesta, older style, just changed the thermostat & coolant.

does it sound as if it's blocked with sludge/crap etc?

as looking into the thermostat housing & block, it was very clean

i did put a hose into the thermostat housing and water came out of the small drain plug on the radiator and it flowed with clean water, then i did the same into the top radiator hose fitting, clean water as well.

???

cheers

Does sound like its sludged up. What colour was the anti freeze when you changed it? Rusty orange colour?

Thos is pretty normal, both hoses won't get hot until the engine is hot enough and the thermostat opens.

I take it the car is not overheating? Take the car for a drive and then check the hoses

Thos is pretty normal, both hoses won't get hot until the engine is hot enough and the thermostat opens.

I take it the car is not overheating? Take the car for a drive and then check the hoses

i'll take it out for another wee spin and see what the bottom hose feels like

it's not overheating, it's mainly used on short journeys but we have taken it on a 200 mile round trip a few months ago without any problems

Does sound like its sludged up. What colour was the anti freeze when you changed it? Rusty orange colour?

the coolant wasnt too bad, when it wa draining out of the wee drain plug, you could still see the pink colour

when i stuck the hose into the top of the raidator, it flowed with clean water, as if it was dirty looking i would've kept on washing it out and i would've tried to take off the bottom hose (probably never been off since new!!) and wash it from there

I wouldnt worry about it too much then

• Like 1

update,

just back from a 20 minute run, the bottom hose is quite warm.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club